Sunday, July 10, 2011

Home from the East Coast

It was a perfect trip to the East Coast.  
 Minus a stomach bug for all (except Lily) & a traffic jam on our last highway home.

Girls & I had such a nice time & 
the trip was even sweeter since Blair joined us.

July 4th we met a family that I know from online for some local festivities .. 
their 5 year old, Charlotte, has Aplastic Anemia so her Mom & I 
have connected due to these unwanted circumstances for our kids.  
It was so great to meet in person.  
What a beautiful family & Charlotte is just darling!!

Hannah, Lily & Charlotte on the rides July 4th.  
Guess, I should mention that I let the girls go crazy with the tattoos ... 
Lily had 3 on her face & did not want to take them off for July 4th. 
Attractive, huh?
The petting zoo ..
Me & Ellen with our kids.  
Thankful for a normal day of our girls not needing blood transfusions ... 
just celebrating life in America!

Italian water ice ....

And guess who learned how to be very comfortable in the pool????  
LILY
Thanks to Aunt Rachel she made leaps & bounds with her confidence in the pool.  
Thank you Rachel!!!!
Yes, the tattoo is still on her forehead ...


Rachel, Blair & I went out one night for dinner.
After 2 sips of her martini my sister was having a good time.    
Oh Anthony's Pizza ... I love you!

Hannah & my dad before a ride on the scooter.
Good times with grandpa!

The girls with my parents ....

The night before we drove home, my parents took Rachel & I to Fleming's for dinner.  
Oh yum. 
Steak.  Lobster.  Baked Potato. Castle Rock. 
Delicous!!
Thanks, Dad & Mom for having us & for making the trip so special.  
Love you both so much!!


The girls & I are home for a bit so they can spend time with Jim before we leave for Idaho.  

We CANNOT wait to get back out to Auntie Mom & Family ... 
get in the boat, get on the lake & live it up before school starts.

I am so thankful to have this summer with the girls.  
Things are much more settled & we are doing really well.  
God has been faithful in every way & I truly am so grateful.





3 comments:

  1. What a blessing a nice vacation is. So wonderful to hear you are doing well. Praying for you dear one. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip looked like a lot of fun..I looked at the pic of your dad and Hannah on the "scooter" and all I could think of was Wild Hogs:)
    I laughed at Lily and her love of tats..she needs to come swimming on my pool since she likes it so well;)
    Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor me - the only clothes I have....bathing suit w/ pink and a polka dot shirt!

    ReplyDelete