Wednesday, April 7, 2010

All is Good

I haven't blogged in a week & here it is again Wednesday ... anything but a "Wordless Wednesday" for me!

All is good.

Hannah got labs drawn yesterday (because I am paranoid -- do you blame me?!). Her doctor said we could start going once a month to have her labs done but I just couldn't wait that long to know what her counts were doing. Especially since we lowered her medicine again (per her doctor at NIH). Her counts were what they were about 2 weeks ago (aaah, sigh of relief!) & now we can wait another month to check her counts ... but I am going to take her in 2 weeks ... just to make sure!

We had a great Easter weekend. Really just super relaxing. I felt so incredibly thankful to just be home. We did not make big plans or do anything extravagant but it was super relaxing. The girls had a great time coloring eggs on Friday at my friend's house (thanks Wendy!!!), Hannah made an awesome Easter cake, we all went to church & then had a family dinner at home & did a mini Easter egg hunt in our backyard on Sunday after church.

Lily continues to light up the house with her personality & her endless sense of humor. On April 1st, Hannah was really into the whole April Fool's thing and Lily did not miss a beat. I swear, at 2 & 1/2 she seriously understands everything!! I came into the room & Lily said to me, "Mommy, doggie go poopy upstairs ...I show you!" And she proceeded to walk half way up the stairs & then turned around & said "April Nool's!!"

Yes, she said: "April Nools".

Does it get any cuter??!! Adorable.

Lily has been ready to potty train since about August but I have been super lazy & have preferred to just change diapers (pathetic, I know, but there were bigger problems in my world!). At this point, I am finally getting with the potty training program & Lily is proving herself more than ready! The past two days she has been on task about running to the potty for her "more serious" potty business.

Easter was particularly special this year. Last year, Hannah's counts were too low to go to Easter service at our church. I can't describe what it felt like to sit there with my two precious daughters & my husband. What a day!

I am so thankful to the Lord for His grace & goodness to our family. I know that before Hannah's illness I took each day as a gift but somehow life is just sweeter after all we have been through. Celebrating the resurrection of Jesus had new meaning to my heart this year.

"Let them thank the Lord for His steadfast love, for His wonderful works to humankind. For He satisfies the thirsty, and the hungry He fills with good things." Psalm 107:8-9

All God's best from HOME


Coloring eggs at Miss Wendy's place.

Easter Egg Hunt at Home


Decorating our Easter Dessert

The Big Reveal!

Playing with bubbles from the Easter basket



Potty Time & Loving Life!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you all four could enjoy Easter together at church and at HOME!!! Such cute pictures of the girls, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome blessing for you to share Easter together....with ALL four of you. Ya, you got it, I am teary-eyed. I love "The Big Reveal" - so Hannah!

    Love you, Tammi

    ReplyDelete