Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Hannah started soccer today.  Yes, my girl that was transfusion-dependent & living on a hospital unit for SO long is now playing on a soccer team!!!!!

Just amazing to me when we experience these new normal things!

I am so thankful.

Words can't describe the joy to have my daughter living life without any medicine, without blood transfusions & without the constant threat of going back into the hospital for an extended stay.

These days are good & I cherish the joy of the normal.




 And while Hannah practiced I took Lily over the playground near the field. 
 She kind of likes climbing up the slide better than going down.
 She is one happy, crazy girl ..... & I love every bit of her!!!

And then we went home for "nap time" (that includes me!).

A big event in Louisville today was the U of L vs. Kentucky game.

It was so fun ... even though Louisville lost to University of Kentucky.

Bummer for Coach Strong but we love living here & being fans of the Cardinals!!!


 Of course she stuck her tongue out ... Daddy must have said "smile"! 
OK, the people behind us were pretty drunk & cursing loudly the entire game.

I can't blame her for making such a face at them.   But they were pretty funny.

Especially when they said that U of L will be in the Alaska Pipeline Bowl in December.

I laughed.  A lot. 
 Are we still losing???

Little did we know this would be a last sighting of Lily's "baby".

We left "baby" somewhere in the stands.

I knew when we left we were forgetting something ... don't you hate that feeling?? 


 Hannah loved the game & shouted "Go Cards" at all the cars on our way to the game.  Lily loved the ice cream.



Much love from Kentucky.  We are loving life & enjoying each day!!

Thank you, Lord!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thou, O Lord, wilt not withhold Thy compassion from me; Thy lovingkindness and Thy truth will continually preserve me."
Psalm 40:11

No comments:

Post a Comment