Tuesday, November 23, 2010

New Member of the Family



As soon as Joy died in October Hannah started talking about getting another little Shih Tzu.

I was reluctant ..

for about the first 48 hours.

Then I started looking online.  

A puppy was not an option so I started looking for an adult dog.

Before Hannah's birthday I found the cutest dog (see above!!) sitting at a shelter about an hour from our house.

Turns out this little dog is deaf but has been very well cared for by an elderly owner who could no longer take care of her.   

The dog's name has been Annie but the girls re-named her Cupcake. 

She looks so much like Joy that I call her Joy at least 5 times a day ... of course, she can't hear what I call her! :-) 

The girls absolutely love, love, love this dog.  It was love at first sight, especially for Hannah!  Lily took a minute to warm up but now she tells me "I love my puppy!"

Cupcake is sweet, house trained, good with the girls & she doesn't bark  -- even when the doorbell rings (bonus!).

My sister & her kids just arrived from Philadelphia for some Thanksgiving fun.  We are all headed to Illinois on Thursday to see family ... looking forward to seeing our mid-west family, plus my parents who are meeting us there!  

Thank you, in advance, Aunt Kathy for hosting so many ... can't wait!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!! 

Two years ago this year we went to my Aunt Kathy's place for Thanksgiving.  Hannah was as healthy as could be.  Little did we know that the Monday after that Thanksgiving she'd be hospitalized for the first night on the start of a long journey with Aplastic Anemia.

I have too many blessings to count.  All I have to do is look at my healthy kids ..... I am grateful, thankful & overwhelmed with God's complete goodness!!!  

All God's best from HOME in the great state of Kentucky,

No comments:

Post a Comment