Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving & Tree Triming

Today is the Monday after Thanksgiving & I have been weepy all day.

Can't help but reminisce about 2 years ago today & having Hannah admitted to the hospital for the very first time. Even Hannah was teary about it last night when we talked about the journey to her miraculous recovery.

What a blessing to have her healthy & at home!!

Thanksgiving was a wonderful time with my family in Illinois.

The girls had a fantastic time & LOVED being with their cousins...thanks, Sarah & David for making the drive from Philadelphia with your mom. We love you guys!!!

Lily especially LOVED my cousin's daughter, Maddy. They are about a year apart but played perfectly together for hours non-stop!! Not bad for a day without naps.

My dad in all his glory enjoying time with our sweet prize from China.  Lily licked the icing off of 4 cupcakes ... hilarious!!
My adorable cousin Blair with our new dog, "Annie-Cupcake". 
Lily putting her first ornament on the tree.
Hannah's first ornament.
We bought these bell ornaments when we were in China with Lily ... happiness to see her hanging them on the tree!

It's a good thing that I am not a perfectionist because I let the kids put ornaments wherever they like .. even if they are all clumped together.  Who really cares, right? 

More of the ornaments that Lily hung on the tree ... you should see the bottom of the tree!  It is just one clump of ornaments after another ... she prefers them that way!!!





Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

God is good & I continue to trust Him each day as He leads me with His peace that surpasses understanding. 

All God's best from HOME in KY,

1 comment:

  1. LOL - love the tree pics! When my kids were little I'd let them trim the tree their way, and they would always clump them together at the bottom. So...little by little I'd move a few each day and they never noticed! : D

    Truly a happy and blessed Thanksgiving for your family and many prayers of thanks for Hannah's health and Lily for just being Lily! : )

    ReplyDelete