Monday, January 3, 2011

Goodbye Twenty Ten!

I have been busy doing digital scrapbook pages from 2010 (I print these & make albums for each of the girls). 

Here are a few of the pages:




 Forgive me for not blogging more frequently ... not that anyone really cares (right, Blair?  ha, ha!).  

There has been a lot going on but none of it has been caught on film -- my nice digital camera went on strike!!  I will have to rely on Lily as our family photographer.  She is talented as you can tell from my Christmas posting!  

We are back into the swing of things here in Kentucky!  The girls had a great Christmas break with back to back weeks with cousins in PA & Indiana.  What a treat for them!!  For Hannah it was a very extended break due to strep throat the week before break plus school closings due to snow.  Hannah was so super excited to get back to the business of 3rd grade -- she could hardly fall asleep last night.  The joys of life as a healthy 9 year old!! 

I know I say it all the time but the gratefulness I feel for her healthy life is so completely overwhelming.  To see her skip down the driveway (well, actually it was more like a "cat walk"  down the runway) to get on the bus this morning & go to school is still a complete miracle to me.  Not one day goes by without complete thanks & gratitude to the Lord for her life.  Today was no different, particularly as we celebrated her 1 year anniversary "back to school"!!!  Thank you, Lord!!!!!

Tonight at dinner Hannah said "I give this meal a "9".  It would be a "10" if there weren't green beans on the plate."  Oh my goodness ... leave it to Hannah!  The girl cracks me up!!


For breakfast today Lily wanted pizza ... we had pizza last night but there were no leftovers (gee, why??).  She didn't believe there wasn't any pizza left so I pulled out a frozen pizza & we started this week off right: pizza for breakfast!!  I should have served eggs for dinner tonight & we could have called it even. 

God has been so faithful to me in every way & in every situation so no matter what storms lie ahead in 2011, I can trust Him with all my heart & lean not on my own understanding. 

Especially when my understanding is nothing.   

I have no resolutions for 2011 -- just to restfully depend on the Lord.

All God's best from HOME,

4 comments:

  1. Debbie,
    I still smile when I think of you and Lily waiting for us to get out of the terminal!!!! It was a blessing to meet you girls! And, I will be praying for you in 2011! God knows!

    Hugs,
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading your blog since you brought Lily home - I don't even remember how I found it... Maybe RQ??? We are another Erickson (diff spelling) family that has adopted from China! We brought our Malia home a few months before your Lily. I thoroughly enjoy your posts - you have such an encouraging spirit - even during difficult times! I love your scrapbook pages and just wondered what you use - software or online site? I'm moving from the traditional to digital and would love to make pages as cute as yours! Thanks! Mary Erickson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read every post, and love following your lives, Debbie... I'm so glad you're still blogging, even if it's just once in a while, as we are still REJOICING with you. We are loving Texas and also delighting in God's blessings in our lives that brought us here.
    Love,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Checking in from Di's blog. What a beautiful post. I will be checking in more often. J

    ReplyDelete