Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blessed with Encouragement

To the many, many kind friends & strangers that have sent encouraging messages, emails, phone calls  -- THANK YOU!

How blessed I am with so many people that follow our journey & took time to encourage my broken heart.  I am so thankful.  

This blog will not become a "throw-someone-under-the-bus" blog but I will continue to be honest about my own emotional struggles on life's journey.  As I always have been.

This blog is still just me chronicling life as mom to Hannah & Lily.

Nothing has changed.

Well, now I take out the trash .... but the blog is the same.

My mom arrived today (just in time for another Louisville snowstorm!). 

What a blessing my mom has been through these past several years.  Well, really for every day of my life! 

She was such an emotional support through Hannah's illness & now with what is going on.  I am so grateful & truly cannot imagine a mom that did not just love me, accept me & care for me the way she does.  It doesn't mean that my mom doesn't challenge me -- but regardless she loves me.  Unconditional love.  No strings attached kind of love.  Not every girl in this world can boast of a mom like that & I don't take any of her "amazinngness" for granted!! 

The girls are doing great & Hannah thinks she has won the lottery with all these snow days in Kentucky.  The hill in our backyard continues to provide lots of entertainment for sledding adventures.   The girls love each other so much & I just marvel at their tremendous relationship.  They have been doing sleepovers on Lily's floor & even though they are on the floor they both sleep SO GOOD!!  I think it just has to do with being together -- what a gift!!

Last week I talked with a dear elderly lady from our church in California (Maureen Brians, for you PFB'ers).  She is a dear friend of mine & prayed with me on the phone & in her prayer said "Lord, the path to you is not straight ....but we know we are headed to you ...".  She prayed a lot more but her words were such an enouragement ot my heart.  So true -- the path to God is not straight and usually the turns are most unexpected.

I always feel the Lord near me -- even when I am yelling at the windshield in my car because of my current situation.  God knows every bit of my pain, anguish & anger.  I don't try to hide a bit from Him -- he knows my every thought & even the slightest groanings of my heart.  Thank you, Lord, that nothing is a secret from you!!!! 

I am blessed.  Truly.  I wake up & think how thankful I am for two healthy girls, for the family that I was raised in, for life long friends that love me and for blog-mates that come along side to encourage my heart.

Know that all your words of encouragement ministered to my heart -- thank you!!!

Here are some recent pictures of life at home from Lily's small digital camera.

.
Lily taking pictures of her big sister!  Peace.
 Lily getting ready for a "fashion show".  She dressed herself & came into the living room to show me & Hannah her stuff. 
 And here is her strut as she walks the runway in our kitchen ... hilarious!!!!
 Lily & Hannah going out for some fun in the snow.  Hannah totally looks out for Lily.
 I love how Hannah's hand is behind Lily ... protecting her precious little sister on the snowy walkway!

 Hannah waiting for the school bus to arrive.  Can you believe we have to bundle up here in KY?  A big change!

 Matching skirts and truly happy girls!!



All God's best from Kentucky,

 




6 comments:

  1. As always, just beautiful and so inspiring. You all ( not y'all!) are in my prayers. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have missed your post Sunday...praying for you all. I am so glad you are able to enjoy the beautiful KY snow though. You are such an inspiration to me and many others. Hang in there, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with you. I have read your blog for a long time and you always have so much grace. My prayers are with you. I hope for the best for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing that your mom is available to be with you. I cannot imagine the hurt, pain, anger etc. you must be feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though you are struggling, you are such an inspiration to so many of us 'reading' your life. All God's best to you my love...you inspire me daily...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lifting you up Deb! You are right, none of this is a surprise to God.
    And, look at you.. Even through your pain, your are glorifying God through it. You have always done this... With Hannah's illness, with Lily's adoption, and now with this.. I pray that you know that God truly holds you in the palm of His hand. And, that He has promised to never leave you or forsake you!

    Big hugs from MN,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete