Monday, February 7, 2011

"I recognize you from your blog ..."

On Friday, Hannah & I were out for some one-on-one time.  In the parking lot on the way back to the car, a lady stopped us & said "I recognize you from your blog." 

She told Hannah she had been praying for her the entire time she was sick. 

Imagine that? 

Who would have ever thought we'd move across the country & run into someone who "knows" us. 

What a blessing to connect with our new friend, Holly. 

Holly invited us to a Chinese New Year party for the very next evening.  The girls & I went- including my cousin, Blair, who was in town to hang out for part of the weekend.  We had an great night, thanks to Holly, & enjoyed our first Chinese New Year party with other Families with Children from China.  It was amazing to see so many families with kids from China. 

Of course, Lily was convinced it was her party and I just encouraged saying "yes, Lily, it is your party!!"  Why not?  It was her party, right??.  

Really -- the kindness of people just amazes me!  Thank you, Holly for making our weekend so special -- the Chinese New Year party was an evening we will never forget & I look forward to getting together with you soon!

Meanwhile, Hannah went from the stomach flu at the beginning of last week to getting a chest cold over the weekend.  She was coughing pretty bad today so I got her checked out to make sure it wasn't pneumonia or the flu.  Everything came back clear -- just something viral so no anti-biotic needed. 

Since we were in the presence of so many medical professionals, I had her blood counts checked & they all came back NORMAL!  Thank you, Lord!!!!!  Hannah handled all three pokes to get her blood drawn like a total champ.  She really could give lessons to kids (and some adults) on how to deal with the needle sticks.

I am still in awe of God's healing on Hannah's life.  Even when I am stressed out or my back goes out for NO reason or things just seem all wrong -- every day is a blessing & I don't take any this life for granted!!



Here are some snapshots from the Chinese New Year Party:  

In honor of Chinese New Year, Hannah & Lily got into the RED lipstick before we left for the party.  Despite wiping it off the remnants remained....how lovely!?!

 Sisters Forever!
 Making a rabbit craft for The Year of The Rabbit
 Thank you, Blair, for making the trip to KY ... WE LOVE YOU!!!!!
 Making Rabbit cookies & tasting the frosting.  Yum-O!
 My crazy girls .. wouldn't have it any other way!!


 All God's best from HOME in KY,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment