Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Catching Up ...

Just a quick "catch up" to let everyone know we are still alive here in cold Kentucky!

Here are some pictures from the past week or so ....

My adorable mom being caught on camera by Lily.  

Lily having a picnic with her babies!
Breakfast time with Grandma!

A last minute picture with Grandma .. and of course, Lily refused to really smile.  Such a ham!!!
My sister, Miriam, came to visit for one night .. thanks, Miriam, for making the drive.  I love you so much!

And here is our little dog that is in desperate need of a haircut.  Lily documents it all!


Lots going on over here.

Let's just say -- life is downright H.A.R.D right now -- it is not pretty but none of the details are making it onto my blog.

Truly the Lord is sustaining me & I know it is HIS grace carrying me through each day. 

If tears cause weight loss, I'll be rail before this is done.   Unfortunately, I don't think it works that way. :-)

My Mom was here & what an emotional support she is to me.  Thank you, Lord, for my mother!!!! 

Unfortunately my mom got the stomach flu the night before she left & has been sick for days ... sorry, Mom!  Turns out there is a nasty stomach flu going around (anyone else have it??).  

Hannah came down with it tonight plus Lily has a cold & now, a fever.  I am not complaining at all but tonight has been a lot of holding Hannah's hair back & making sure Lily is "all good" in the midst of not feeling well. 

Just really hoping I don't get anything because nurse-mommy must stay well :-)    All you moms out there know what I mean!

What can I say? 

Even in the midst of life's worst circumstances & deeper pain that I have ever experienced: God is good and His tender love is carrying me through this tragic time.   

After life in a hospital room with Hannah for 160+ nights & finding God's goodness in the midst of that time I see His goodness even in the midst of this difficult time.  I went for a walk on Sunday & was reminded in an extraordinary way that The Lord HIMSELF is a Lamp unto my feet & a Light unto my path. 

I am forever God's precious, treasured child .... and a piece of paper from the state of Kentucky won't change that.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart."  1 Samuel 16:7

" The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.  Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you."  Psalm 9:9-10 

All God's best from HOME,

8 comments:

  1. Aww, D I'm not sure what's going on with you guys, but I am praying for you, for whatever it is you need...You are a strong woman through and through, what He brings you to, He WILL bring you through! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your girls and that you will stay well. You are a great mom and your sense of peace is an inspriation. On a side note, I can't believe how much Miriam (and Julia) are clones of your mom! You have such a wonderful family and Lily and Hannah look like so much fun - hope they feel better soon! Take care, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. Stay close to Him and listen! You will get through this time and you will be the victor. Hug those sweet babies and remember to take care of yourself too. Even if it is just getting your hair washed at a salon or getting your nails painted, it will help. I've been in dark but it is gone now and I am so much happier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day you will realize that those tears are flowing a bit less frequently, and one day you realize you actually find yourself rather surprised at a sense of freedom at not having to answer to someone when you make a decision - I guess what I'm trying to say is that along this path, a new sense of equilibrium will come. Even though my husband and I reconciled, we were a full four months into the proceedings before that happened; the divorce would have been final in six more weeks. So I had started to come to terms with the finality of it and found that the roller coaster of emotions evened out and a "new normal" started to emerge. It's like I had to mourn the loss before I could move forward. Had it gone through I would have been okay, I know that. God was there for me, He is there for you and I know without a doubt the healing is happening even as you cry. No matter the outcome, you will be okay. I just wanted to offer some perspective. You don't have to post this comment. {{{{{}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am truly is AWE of you. You honestly are a much better person then me and I so respect you for it!!! I think of you often and pray that things work out for you and your beautiful girls. Hugs to the 3 of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you updated. I do not know you but I have followed your blog for a long time and I find myself thinking and praying for you. I am sorry for the loss in your life and yet I know you will come out stronger and you will be happy again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Dear Buzz and Sweet Girls,

    Your pain is real and yet your clinging to God's word and promises is so inspirational. We, too, are going through real challenges right now, but God is faithful to carry us through each day and illuminate our path. As people are praying for us for strength, wisdom, peace,and discernment, I pray these blessings upon you, as well. We love you! RC Gang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deb, I have been a long time reader of your blog.. B4 Lily came home from China .... U are one of the strongest, toughest, Loving women I Know. U have certainly been handed some difficult cards the past few years. Thinking of the 3 of you and sending you much Love and strength from Australia ... xoxoxo Rach

    ReplyDelete