Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekly Update ...

Life is good.

I haven't cried today.

Or yesterday.

Or did I?

Oh, shoot, I did cry yesterday.

Dang it.   

I thought it had been a whole 48 hours.  

Well, at least 24 hours ... that's pretty good? 

Don't get me wrong -- I am not walking around with a box of tissues strapped to my body.  The girls & I have a very happy life -- but when I get in the tub or I am driving in my car alone -- I cry.

The tears find a way out.

Betrayal hurts.

Period.

This past week was many things but a few were: heart shaped pancakes for breakfast, beautiful dozen roses from my parents, a visit to the park, after school snacks outside on the deck, Valentine's day party at Hannah's school, an amazing well check up for Hannah and two play dates for her in one day.

Lily is just LOVING her pre-school and she is so super busy all the time that it makes me LOVE her pre-school!  All you Moms know what I am talking about.  Don't act like you don't :-)

Lily has been quoting from the movie "What About Bob?" and it is absolutely hysterical.  The other morning she got on my bed to wake me up & was pushing on me saying "Wake up, Bob.  Wake up.  Rise & Shine, Bob.  Cock a doodle doo!!!!"   How can the day not be good when your 3 year old wakes you up like that?

Typical, today we were back at the doctor's office for Hannah ... another ear infection!  The doctor said many kids have been in with 3rd or 4th infections this year.  They took a few drops of blood just to check her numbers & everything was NORMAL.  Her platelets were even up from the last time --- really good since they had been trending downward the last few times.

My nice DSLR camera is still broken.  Hoping it will be fixed soon.  Taking pictures of the girls is so fun for me & I can't wait for our next photo shoot.  For now, I snap away with Lily's little camera or my phone.  The nice part is that I can easily upload to Facebook from my camera phone.  The bad part is I can easily upload to Facebook.  My sister is on a "vacation from Facebook" & I am thinking to join her ... do I really need it?

Well, you won't find me complaining about life. 

My kids live each day without an IV-Pole attached.

After that experience, the rest is icing on the cake.

Truly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily kept telling Hannah to push her higher!!!  Hannah loves that Lily lets her push her on the swing.  
What a privilege to be the big sister after all those years of waiting!

Lily was hesitant to put on this jacket in the car when we got to the park.  She said, "It doesn't match."  
Oh my goodness!  Of course, she was right but I didn't want her to be cold!

Feeding the deer the carrots!

I never noticed these animals at the farm before .... what ever are these creatures?? 

A friend of Hannah's from school joined us to feed the animals.   A very fun outing!

And, oh my goodness, just melt my heart.  
Look at her precious feet!!!! 
I cherish this pumpkin & thank God every day for the joy of being her mother! 



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens..." Psalm 68:19

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All God's best from HOME,


 

3 comments:

  1. Great update of a blessed life.

    Betrayal does hurt, cry all you want and when the tears no longer fall, you'll find yourself still standing and something beautiful will grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - first it's 24, then 48 then one day you realize that you have forgotten to count how long it's been. I'm going to echo exactly what "t`" said, couldn't have said it better! {{{{}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,take one day at a time, feel the hurt and betrayal and get angry and cry BUT (notice the very bit BUT,) it will ease so slowly that you really don't always notice that it is happening and suddenly you don't care any more you have your own life. Lean on your family cos that is what families are for and I am sure your family are happy to be there for you and the girls. Look after yourself and the girls, my prayers for you all are on a jet flying the Atlantic. Eunice, aka Sophie the cat's owner.

    ReplyDelete