Saturday, March 19, 2011

This is the Day the Lord has Made ....

Friday was supposed to be school for Lily & a meeting for me but she just wanted her Mommy .... so I changed the plans. 

At first I thought "great, Lil, we can go run some errands together" ...   but that wouldn't be much fun.

Instead we had a Mother / Daughter day -- complete with a trip to the zoo, ice cream at Dairy Queen, games & time on the swing.

It was what Lily needed and the time with her was therapy for my soul!!!  

As she was on the swing she was singing very loudly "This is the day the Lord has made" (emphasis on VERY loudly!!!!).

All of Kentucky got the message and yes, Lily, it is!! 

The girls & I have been singing that song a lot (and we've been singing "I'm a little tea pot" but that's for a different post)

Those words are just a good reminder that no matter what is going on, no matter what disappointments we face --- each day is a made by the Lord & He has good gifts to give!!

I am forever thankful for the gift of Lily -- she brings me endless joy & such happiness!

Here are some pictures of our day -- my camera is still not fixed so these are all from my phone.  I HATE that I don't have my nice camera right now but at least I was able to capture the fun of our day together.

Swinging in the backyard -- she would live in this seat if I'd let her!   No shoes - weather was nice & I just carried her down to the swing. 

 Playing Candy Land in the basement.  She won.  I hope that is no surprise :-)
At the zoo!!!   "Look, Mom!!!"
 This guy was hysterical -- we hung out here for a long time.  He put on a real show for everyone!
 Notice that Lily is holding "Baby".  Baby comes everywhere with us.  I have to order another back up from Targ*t.com
 Tuna fish sandwiches for lunch on a bench & just being together.   
And, yes, this hat is cemented to my head!!  
Last Wednesday when I came into my Bible Study (BSF) group I didn't have a hat on 
& my leader said "Oh my goodness -- you have hair!!"  
It's true -- I love my 3 hats :-)
Finished up the zoo with a ride on the carousel.  A great time delighting in my sweet girl as she checked it all out & tried to figure out how that horse went up & down. 
Ice Cream at DQ before getting home to meet Hannah at the bus stop (our driveway!).


"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice & be glad in it."   Psalm 118:24

God is so good.  
He always gives good gifts.  
Life is filled with so much pain 
but no matter what you are going through 
this is the day the Lord has made 
& he wants you to know His tremendous love!

4 comments:

  1. You sure know how to have a fun day, in the midst of life's pain and busyness. Thank Goodness that the Lord does make our days.

    Love and prayers, Tammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO right to seize the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really made a beautiful day with your littlest daughter. Mommy and daughter days are so important. We do have to slow down and rethink about what is really important and change plans as needed and you reminded us to do just that. Thanks!

    Alyzabeth's Mommy

    ReplyDelete