Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Love Me A Road Trip

The girls & I were in need of some change of scenery .... so off we went to Nashville, TN for the weekend.

Just us and Cupcake, too!

We ate amazing food -- thanks to Monell's -- where the food just keeps coming & the Southern hospitality is alive & well.  Breakfast was family style (read: sit with people you don't know & the kitchen just starts sending out the food!!).  Pancakes, sausage, best bacon ever, fried chicken (yes @ breakfast!), biscuits ... and on & on.

The food was endless & I felt like we had Thanksgiving dinner with strangers at 10AM on a Saturday in February.  I highly recommend it.  Glad I packed my yoga pants. 

We went to the Science Center .. forgot that the earth spins at 1,040 miles per hour (no wonder I feel dizzy).  Good to be reminded of that & many other facts that I will easily forget. 

Hannah now calls the town "My Nashville".   I love that it is now her Nashville after just 48 hours.  Adorable.  She even wrote a song about the place. 

Did I mention that Hannah has a notebook filling up with songs?  She tells me she has a performance planned with all the songs for the next time we get to Idaho.  She wants a crowd that cheers.   I can't say that I blame her. 



Breakfast @ Monell's
Lily owns the camera ...and she'll use it!
Her view of  our table.
Happy Thanksgiving .... in February!
Not a happy camper.  Can't you tell?
"Cheers, Lil" with the sweet tea that flowed like the Cumberland River.   What a country!
Heaven will for sure have a place like this!

Science Center .. Hannah's favorite part.... or parts.  No pun intended.



Ice cream at Mike's on Broadway.   Red Velvet cake ice cream.  Chunks of real red velvet cake in the ice cream.  I died in this place. 
Hatch Show Print Shop ... historic place in Nashville.  Not of interest to Lily but the cat sure was. 


And last but not least: 
Lily on Broadway Street in the downtown.  
I love how she is rocking the boot with her "Baby" in hand.  
That's my girl!!



Living in Kentucky is so different than Southern California. 

No Disneyland passes here. 

It's fried chicken & a road trip. 

I love it!!

All God's best from HOME in KY,


 

2 comments:

  1. I have never been to Nashville and wouold love to go sometime..I am thinking roadtrip soon for my family too:)
    Glad you had a great weekend!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. You know how to have fun no matter where or what, that is for sure. Tell Hannah I will be in her audience and CHEER LOUDLY! Love you, Tammi

    ReplyDelete