Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Airport Arrival

We are still having a great time in NYC!!!! Hannah did some more shopping today at Toys R Us & rode the Ferris wheel in the middle of the toy store ... another awesome day of Make A Wish fun.

We are here in the hotel watching Food Network but I just wanted to post real quick about our arrival this coming weekend. I have a request -- whoever has time & wants to come greet Hannah at the airport, please come & surprise her with signs & your love! It has been a L-O-N-G summer & I know it would mean a lot for her to see friends at the airport. We have been gone since June 11th & before that she was in the hospital for a long time!! We land at 6:35pm on Southwest Airlines at Ontario airport (#1181 from BWI via Las Vegas).

I can't say that we will be able to visit for long at the airport but your presence at the airport will mean a lot to our hearts!!! Once we are home I am locking the doors & turning off the phones - no offense to anyone but we will only have about 2 days together at home before Jim & I have to go to Seattle for talks with the doctors about Hannah's possible Bone Marrow Transplant.

Thank you everyone for your comments & love .... I am forever grateful for the kindness of everyone that encourages us on this road of Hannah's illness.

4 comments:

  1. Debbie- do you arrive Saturday or Sunday? If you already said that, I'm sorry; I didn't see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are going well..
    Wish I lived closer I would come on by..
    I don't blame you on the locking the doors and shutting off the phone .. soak up all the family time..
    Have a great few days..
    Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,
    I am so glad you are going to be home for a few days.. I know you just want to love up that precious Lily 24/7!!!! And, it will do Hannah's heart good to just be home where she belongs!!!!!

    I will be praying about Seattle!

    Hugs,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Debbie,

    From your post it looks like you and Jim are going to Seattle alone? I know you have a tremendous load on you but I would like to offer the two of you a complimentary dinner at a restaurant in Seattle "The Matador". My brother in-law Zak Melang is the owner of two in the Seattle area and we would love to treat you to an evening out. The food is amazing and the atmosphere is warm and relaxing. Please fell free to contact me by phone (615) 504-5931 or email at epsmelang@bellsouth.net. Your family has been in our thoughts and prayers daily. We've posted prayer request for Hannah on our church website and will continue to do so. I have 7 year old daughter Sarah and we are waiting to receive our referral from China to bring home our daughter Emma. You are an amazing woman and a true inspiration to me. Love, Pam Melang (Hendersonville, TN_

    ReplyDelete