Friday, August 21, 2009

Welcome!!

I have been ready for a new look to my blog for a long time ..isn't this a fresh clean look? I love it!! Goodbye old blog!

I am here in Bethesda, MD with Hannah in the clinic (day hospital) for her to get platelets & red blood cells. Her port accessing went awesome today .. no problems at all!!! Right now Hannah is sound asleep from the Benadryl that she gets as a pre-medication to the transfusions.

Her numbers have not improved to the point where she is transfusion-independent. We are still waiting to see if the treatment will work but otherwise it looks like she is headed for a Bone Marrow Transplant probably towards the end of September. Jim & I are going to check out the hospital facility in Seattle on September 1 - 3.

Hannah is SO excited for her Make-A-Wish this coming week in NYC!! The organization is graciously arranging a ridiculously extravagant shopping spree for Hannah on Tuesday. I think it will take her hours & hours & hours to figure out how she wants to spend the money ... how fun for her after all that she has been through!! She also wanted my mom to come so it is going to be me, Jim (he is flying in from CA to meet us in NYC) & Grandma with Hannah. It will be a fun few days!

Lily is not coming because let's face it, NYC for an almost 2 year old: not so super fun. I am so ready to get home to my little Lily!! Truly, I am counting the nights until I rock that baby to sleep!!! I can't think about it all too much or I would just be sitting on the floor in a bath of tears.

Hope everyone is having a good end of summer or beginning of school! I know Hannah's friends are already back in school -- we miss you guys!

All God's best,

11 comments:

  1. Deb,
    You and Danielle did a beautiful job on your new blog! I look forward to following you here... while you wait!

    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new look looks awesome and fresh!

    Wishing Hannah and very fun day shopping at NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look!
    Raych

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT new look; almost like starting a new journal... the story continues, but you get a fresh new book to write in and it feels good :-)
    Waiting with you...
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. HUGS to Hannah.. sounds like she is holding strong.. she always is.. she is amazing..
    Can't wait to see how her Make a Wish Day goes.. she will have SOOO MUCH FUN..
    hugs..
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so bittersweet! I am sad to say goodbye to your old blog but I LOVE your new blog. The pics are just beautiful!! Keeping you all in my prayers and I can't wait to hear more about American Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sad that you are leaving Maryland, especially since we haven't gotten together, but I know how hard it is to be away from home.

    I think of Hannah every time I watch "Mystery Diagnosis," and wonder if she's watching, too. I keep hoping I'll see her on that show someday, with her miraculous healing! Seems like so often there is a happy ending with those shows, and I can't help but think there will be a happily ever after in Hannah's future. And that somehow, so many lives will be saved by some sort of a discovery, or the awareness spread by her situation.

    You both are in my prayers, every day.

    Love from Maryland,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous new site. One day these blogs will be a book. Hannah has become a daily part of my life as I lift her up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new blog is beautiful!! I really enjoyed just showing Andrew the photos of your girls. He prays with me daily for Hannah and your entire family. The journey continues, your faith continues to inspire and we pray for healing for sweet Hannah. Have a wonderful time in NYC. Can't wait to see photos.

    With much love,
    The Maciborski Family

    ReplyDelete
  10. This new site is beautiful. I love the pictures of your sweet girls. I check on you daily and pray that this treatment works.
    I'm so glad you got some rest at your parents' house. Many times I wonder how in the world you are still standing...then I thank God for his sustaining grace.
    Love and prayers,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! Thanks for the pic on my phone yesterday! It is so great to see that joy! Hope you all have fun in NYC!

    Uncle Eddie

    ReplyDelete