Sunday, August 23, 2009

Date with Grandpa


Growing up, my dad took each of my sisters & I on some very special dinner dates with him. Grandpa continued the tradition tonight by dressing up & taking Hannah out for a delicious Italian meal.

Hannah got all ready with freshly painted nails, curled hair & a touch of make-up (I know... but why not!?). When she came downstairs & saw my dad she said "Grandpa!!" and went running to him as if she hadn't seen him in years. A precious moment. Grandpa gave her a beautiful gold necklace with a rose on it ... a special gift for miss Hannah Rose!!

The alarm is set & a stretch limo (thank you dad & mom!!!) will be here at 10am to take us to NYC. Hannah thinks we are taking the bus to NYC. She is going to be SO surprised when she sees how we are getting to Manhattan!

10 comments:

  1. Awww, that is so sweet! And the limo - that's too cool! =0) Praying for you guys!

    Blessings,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a grandpa now too! I love your dad and learning this brings a tear to my eye.

    Uncle Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - that brought tears to my eyes. It is great to see her so happy. Love the new blog, too. Let us know how NYC goes. I loved American Girl dolls when I was younger! Have fun! Still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet.. can't wait to see photos from NYC.. HAVE FUn..
    Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so Awsome! These memories will last her and your family a lifetime. Hannah will have a great time in HER LIMO ride to NYC. Have a Great time.
    God Bless
    Love
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a sweet Grandpa your girls have!! They are SOOOO blessed! My DD's Grandpas aren't nearly as...thoughtful.

    Have a great time in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sitting here crying over there "date". What a wonderful grandfather. I lost both my parents within the last 2 years and I so miss them for my kids!!!
    We will be thinking of you in NYC..have a fun and wonderful time.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sitting here in tears over this post..what a wonderful grandfather he is!!! (He put the GRAND in grandfather for sure:)
    Enjoy your time in NYC. We can not wait to hear all about it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet Debbie! Your parents sound amazing!!!!! A night I am sure Hannah will never forget (and Grandpa too!)

    NYC by Limo! How awesome is that? Can't wait to hear about her special and well deserved day!

    Please tell Hannah thank you for the precious picture she made for Ruby! She loved it!

    Hugs,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful memory for not only Hannah but for you as well! Like the poster before me I have tears....tears of joy!

    ReplyDelete