Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Make-A-Wish for Hannah



o
There are no words for the emotions of this trip. I have to just keep a lid on it or I would be a bawling mess .... it is so wonderful for Hannah to be able to have this Wish Trip.

We had a great limo ride -- with blueberry muffins to eat & chocolate milk for Hannah in a champagne glass. We are staying at the Hilton Times Square so we are right in the heart of all things bright! :-)

Today was Hannah's official "wish day" - Make A Wish provided a limo for the entire day & we had a volunteer, Susan, from Make A Wish that patiently spent the entire day with us going from place to place as Hannah shopped & shopped & shopped. We started off the day at American Girl Place & ended at Build A Bear. Hannah loved it all but her absolute favorite part was Build A Bear. Thank you to Annette at AGP for being Hannah's personal shoppper (and Robin for coordinating!) & for Emily at Build A Bear for spending so much time with us & treating Hannah like the princess that she is!!

Most of Hannah's purchases are being shipped home (yeah!). She picked out a bunch of stuff but I think she got 4 dolls at American Girl Place & 5 stuffed animals at Build A Bear. Yes, it has been a big time over the top shopping spree for my girl!!!

Truly, there just are no words. How do you thank the people that have made this day possible? To see the joy on Hannah's face ... no, she doesn't "need" any dolls or bears .. no the dolls & bears are not going to cure her .... but to see the happiness was just PRICELESS. After all she has been through & all she continues to go through with her illness, it was nothing short of a miracle to see her dancing around the stores & living it up in NYC!

I am so grateful for this trip for Hannah. Although I am beyond ready to be back at home, Hannah needs this trip right now. It has been a rough 9 months and I don't know how many more months are ahead of health issues. Lord willing, a cure is just around the corner. Lord willing, her little bone marrow finds Hannah again & remembers what a happy home it once had in her body. I am done with this illness... but not sure if this illness is done with us.

I am missing my Lily like crazy & really at the end, end, end, end, end of my ability to be away from her. It just feels unbearable right now but I have to keep telling myself over & over that this is a season. Just a season.

The joy of this trip is such an emotional high for Hannah -- I think she is going to be exhausted from all the happiness. What a great reason to be exhausted!!!

Last but not least ... here is a little clip of video from in front of my parents house. We had told Hannah that Grandpa was bringing around the car so we could put our luggage in it & get to the bus for the trip to NYC .... check out how surprised Hannah is once she is INSIDE the limo & we tell her the limo is taking us all the way to NYC. Adorable!

8 comments:

  1. PRICELESS !!! Praying for you guys. ~Carol Scott Haslam

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo awesome!! Brings tears to my eyes! I'm so glad you took the video! It says it all. Love, inge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girl deserves just that & more! She may
    not need those things, but she does need to have a good time with a smile on her face.

    I know your heart is breaking to be away from Lily. I hold you in my prayers and pray for the continued strength you need.

    Rock on Hannah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie Thank you for sharing such a special time for Hannah...I really needed to see the joy in her face! I love you all soo much and feel a strong hope as I continue to pray that God is going to bless us with answer to all our prayers! Hang in there my friend...we are here for any all and all you need. Love you! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful day for a wonderful girl!! So glad to see all those smiles! ALl of you continue to be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMW.. I am crying.. HOW SWEET... Hannah sooo deserved this..
    Glad she had a WONDERFUL day..

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, not sure why this hit me hard, but watching that video just made me cry and cry. It is so exciting for her and such an amazing thing in the midst of all this--well-- not so great things. I am just so happy for hannah and sure, she didnt need a darn bit of the things she got-- but oh wow did she enjoy it!!!! A little piece of extravigance is well needed at this point. We are praying for you guys.

    Christy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too was crying tears and tears of joy that your little gril got to have such an incredible fun day. After all that she has endured (and you too) she definitely deserved it.

    ReplyDelete