Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Year & A New Chapter

So glad to see 2009 come to an end. What a year. I will never forget it but man am I glad to see it go!

Having 2009 end felt like I completed a marathon. A marathon that just never seemed to end. I think I need one of those bumper stickers for my car that says 26.2. Maybe mine should read: 24/7/365 .... that is what last year felt like.


I flew home from the East Coast yesterday with the girls. Lily was sooooooooooooooo busy the entire time we were traveling. I know, she's two, so I didn't expect anything else. Our mini-DVD player was not working when we got on the first plane so I did ANYTHING I could to keep Lily entertained while we shared 5" of space made available to us by US Airways. Travel Light Bright saved the day for at least 2 full hours. Hannah was the traveling champ, like always, and really helped by being very flexible the entire day! My third child, the Blackberry, got lost before we even took off -- after about 45 minutes of searching it showed up in the hands of a cleaning crew guy at BWI. So glad my 3rd born was not left in an airport :-)!

Hannah starts school tomorrow morning!!! I am so excited for her to be back in school. For all it means to her to be back to being a normal kid. For all it means that she is actually healthy enough to be in school. And honestly, for all it means for me. I need to get my life in order. The house feels trashed and my body feels just as trashed. It is going to be good to get on a schedule & get some routine going again!

Lily's crib is down & she and Hannah are now sharing a bed. So cute to see the two of them sleeping together in the same bed. The love they have for each other just keeps growing & I keep thanking God for all the time we waited for Lily and that God had exactly her planned for our family.

God has been so faithful to us .. and I have nothing to complain about. For those of you that have been faithfully praying for us -- THANK YOU! There are no words to express my gratitude for all the love, support, encouragement & kindness we have received during 2009. You know who you are: you sent a card, you sent a text, a gift, a check, flowers, a meal, anything ... THANK YOU!!! It is overwhelming to be the recipient of so much goodness from the hearts of others.

I look forward to this blog being a place to update about the normal happenings of my girls in 2010. I pray Hannah's healing continues & that it is full & complete! We aren't there yet but she is remarkably better than a year ago!!! We will never be the same & we will always testify to God's grace that is far greater than any pit this life can bring.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't our God awesome? I have prayed and had others praying for Hannah and am glad that I can give a praise report to groups who have been praying. Hannah Gad must have great things in store for you. You have been on an incredible journey this past year. Blessing for you as you begin your school life normally this year (2010)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you back!!!
    Lot of love,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to 2010 Debbie! I can't imagine how happy you are to see 2009 in the rearview mirror!!!

    Happy New Year!

    Love,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete