Friday, January 15, 2010

What a Girl


Here is a picture of Hannah from 2004 -- we were at Disneyland & loving life. I swear I did not plan our outfits to coordinate that day - I must have just been feeling the lime green & white. Humm?

Hannah's blood cultures came back negative so it was only the hickman line that was infected & thankfully, she has not had to fight sepsis issues. Hannah will remain on IV anti-biotics through Saturday. She will be discharged on Sunday (YEAH!!!) after a full week in the hospital (wasn't this supposed to be our "hospital-free" year? maybe 2011?)!

She is an amazing girl. I am so proud of her & so proud of the way she has handled being "back in the big house", so to speak. It is not easy for me to be back here and I am not the one attached to an IV pole & feeling ill. I know this is hard on Hannah but she handles it all with patience & grace. Thank you, Lord!

All God's best --

1 comment:

  1. Look at how cute both of you are! Ugh I hear you about the hospital! My Nathan looks forward to going! Me not so much;0)(we must make it too much like a party!lol!) You just have to remember you are exactly where God needs you to be! This wasn't a suprise(to Him) and He has amazing wonderful plans for you and your family:0)He gives strength to the weary. Claim those promises He made to us his children. You are such an inspiration and certainly have ministered to my heart through your lastyears battle. It may have been your blog that really helped the Holy spirit convict me that we could adopt a little girl from China despite the fact we have a child at home that is in and out of the hospital a few times a year,and know that if it was God's plan for my family He would make a way! So THANK YOU! Your heartfelt words have changed my family.
    Hugs from the frozen north!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete