Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Best Friend



It doesn't get any better than my best friend. 

She's an unbelieveable support to me in every way. 

Even the 1,895 miles between us cannot separate our hearts. 

She is the sister I wasn't raised with but a sister in every way.   

I am so thankful for my cherished, treasured, trusted, amazing friend that God gifted me with. 

She loves me, accepts me, cries with me, laughs with me, never judges me or makes me feel less than the treasured child I am to the Lord.   


I will probably be buried right next to her. 

OK, just kidding. 

Well, maybe not?    Move over, Kevin :-) 

Kim walked every single step with me through the wait for Lily.  As she put it to a stranger, "We are getting a baby."   We laughed so hard because it sounded so ... ummmm ... well, like "we" were a "we"!!

She loved on my Lily with all her heart while I was with Hannah during her illness.  I do not know what I would have done during those days if I didn't know that Lily was being nurtured, treasured & loved on.  As she would rock Lily to sleep, she would pray that Lily would see my face instead of hers so that Lily would continue bond with me.  What a gift!!

She journeys with me now with her love & support .. despite the distance.

It makes me weep when I think of the blessing of her friendship.   

Everyone should have a Kim. 

Just not this one. 

She's taken. 

God truly does give good gifts!!
 -------------------------------------------------------------

Today is December 1st, 2010.  Hard to believe what was happening on 12/1/2008. 

Today I met Hannah at the bus stop with a cupcake & we celebrated the joy of her healing!

No matter what, I truly have nothing to complain about!

4 comments:

  1. Loved this post! Made me weep too - what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post as I have a Denise..I agree, everyone needs "that special friend" !!
    I am so happy for Hannah and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call her daughter! Katie's mine!
    sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...

    ... tears in my eyes....



    Love from Norway, -

    HildeS

    ReplyDelete