Thursday, December 23, 2010

Time on the East Coast

I woke up this morning and before the day began I started to feel overwhelmed that it was going to be a hard day ... for many reasons.

And then, thankfully, my mind woke up & I remembered:

I have no reason to complain,

no reason to feel down &

every reason to be thankful.

I am a blessed mother to 2 precious girls.

Two absolute miracles.

Three years ago at this time I was still waiting for Lily in China. I knew nothing about her. Just waiting & trusting the Lord for the gift of daughter number two. Those days of waiting were sometimes so completely agonizing.

Two years ago at this time I was at the NIH with Hannah for her first round of treatement to fight Aplastic Anemia.

Life has been difficult these past few years.

I sure hope I am not a downer to any of you blog readers but life has been tough and I don't candy coat any of it ... to myself or to anyone else.

Despite life's difficult circumstances, my kids are healthy -- I am healthy, I have a loving family & the Lord that encourages my heart to "not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself -- each day has enough trouble of its own."

God is good.

He has been faithful to me in every way.

I can trust in Him.

I can rest in Him.

I am thankful for the Lord's peace that surpasses understanding -- even in the midst of confusion, difficulty & despair.

The girls are enjoying an East Coast vacation with my family. It has been nice to be off from the routine of school & just be with my family.

We were able to drive the 12 hours from Kentucky. So nice to pack up & hit the road without having to worry about flights, TSA, baggage, etc.

Hopefully I can get my camera to cooperate & I will be able to upload some Christmas Eve pictures tomorrow night.

Hannah's socks are going to be knocked off by one of her Christmas gifts -- cannot wait to see her face!!!

All God's best from the East Coast,

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your precious family! Can't wait to see Hannah's surprise gift. So thankful she is feeling great this holiday season!!

    ReplyDelete