Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Trip to Check Numbers & Normal Stuff

So last week on Wednesday night Hannah started complaining of "I don't feel good". 

Thursday she stayed home from school & sat on the couch almost the entire day.  I just thought she was fighting something normal.

Then Friday morning she slept LONG past when the bus would normally pick her up at the end of our driveway.  When I woke her up, again, she was complaining of "not feeling good."

So I know it shouldn't ....

But my heart just dropped.

Hit the floor. 

Tumbled down the street. 

Down the hill & into the gutter of thoughts of "oh my goodness .. what if???"

So off we went to the Pediatric Hematology / Oncology office in downtown Louisville.

The waiting area was jam packed.  Packed because they were closing at noon and because there are A LOT of sick kids! 

I made nice with the receptionist & got Hannah a prescription to go across the street to the Children's Hospital outpatient to have her numbers checked.

Hannah's blood got drawn through a finger prick .... & we waited for the CBC results. 

Just me & Hannah.

Once again, the two of us in hospital setting.

My mind was R.A.C.I.N.G. .....

the nurse came back out & handed me the report with Hannah's numbers:

ALL NORMAL

I just started balling. 

Poor Hannah.  I hold it together so much for her but this time I just couldn't.  All the emotions of everything just came pouring out. 

We talked on our walk back to the car.  Real casual about if her numbers had dropped & she said "I would have to go for a bone marrow transplant". 

We talked about it like we were talking about taking my car to get washed. 

Just so casual..... and it is very much NOT A CASUAL THING!!

A surreal moment for me but I have to keep it all normal for her ..  even though her numbers are recovered right now, the possibility of relapse is still there.  

I trust the Lord for EACH & EVERY day & I know He will continue to guide & direct our steps ... even if they end up pacing the halls of a hospital unit again one day.  

Monday was a snow day (Hannah's first EVER!) but before the day was done Hannah had a high fever & a sore throat.  

So guess what?  Miss Hannah now has strep throat! 

As much as I'd like to not have strep throat going around --- it is a blessing to have a child that can fight an infection with normal anti-biotics, hot chocolate & lots of love!!

God is good and I am forever grateful for His unconditional love & the miracle of Hannah's healing .....

All God's best from HOME,

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear this! I know how crazy life can be having a child with Aplastic Anemia! GLAD TO HEAR ALL IS WELL. HOPE SHE FEELS BETTER SOON. I also wanted to thank you for reaching out to me when my child had AA. Thank you and bless you, Alida w5

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad for Hannah. She really needs to be able to snap back because there will be lots of times when we may have snow days in KY and she will really enjoy being able to go sledding, have snowball fights and all the other things that go with snow. God is awesome and thanks to Him for allowing Hannah to improve to where she can fight off infections with the normal antibiotics. I wish for you and your family the happiest and merriest Christmas and the best New year ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so awesome and I thank you for sharing your precious Hannah. She is such and inspiration as is your family and It has been a blessing praying for her through her battle. Thanking God that she has won and that we have Him by our side!

    ReplyDelete