Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Three Years & Never Forgotten

Three years.  
Went so fast.  Went so slow.  
It is just hard to believe Roisin has been gone three years.  

This photo was taken of Roisin & I on September 15, 2007.....
and that is Jane, her youngest, behind us playing with our hair.

I love that I have this photo ... 
this memory of being with Roisin at Bridget's soccer game ... 
living life as normal Moms to healthy kids & just being great friends 
on what turned out to be an incredibly important day in my life:
The day Lily was being born somewhere in China.  

 September 15, 2007

Roisin was a great friend.  
To everyone.  

She was so fun.  
You would never know that on this day she was in a lot of pain.  
A lot.  A lot.  
A lot of pain.
but she wanted to have a good time with her girls on the lake 
& be the fun Mom that she ALWAYS was.  
She made the best of it all ... even when she was dealing with chemo side effects. 


 She made us laugh .. short sheeting beds on our girls weekend away,
putting undergarments over clothes
& pretending to smoke pot with one of my tea bags.  
Wonderful Irish wit!!!!
She loved my sister, Rachel ...and connected with her as a treasured friend. 
Roisin was selfless, kind, fun, easy going, understanding, caring, empathetic 
& kind ... did I mention kind??  

She was just the kindest soul.     

But above all ...
Roisin was a wonderful Mother.   
She took care of her three beauties
& made her house the "hang out house" for their friends.


 This is Danielle ... now about to be a Senior in High School.  
I have a message saved on my phone when
Roisin thanked me "for taking care of my Danielle" 
on a trip Danielle & I took together to the East Coast.

This is HER Danielle.  
Always & Forever. 

 And fun, fun Bridget ... going into 10th grade.  
She has the same micheveous sparkle in her eye that Roisin had.
I love it!!

This is HER Bridget.
Always & forever. 


I remember snapping this picture in July 2006 & 
praying that Roisin would be there for many birthdays to come. 

This is HER Jane.
Always & forever.

Now Roisin is in a place she wants all of us to know about ... 
she is with the Lord in a real place ...
Heaven.  
She is more alive today than she ever was here on Earth.
Each of our days are numbered.  
None of us know which will be our last breath. 
Take pictures.  Make memories.  Cherish the moments.  
Most of all, be prepared for Eternity.
All of us have a pre-set appointment to meet the Creator of the Universe.  
and He loves us so much & wants us to know Him!
To know His peace during times of struggle.
To know His forgiveness.
To be enveloped in His love.
To experience His joy.
To walk in His grace ..His Amazing Grace.

I am so thankful for the peace of knowing that Roisin
is without pain in a wonderful place where I will see her again one day.

Selfishly, of course, I wish she was here.
For her girls.  For her friends.  For her family.

She will never be forgotten.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"For God 
SO LOVED
the world that 
HE GAVE HIS ONLY SON, 
that whoever believes in Him 
SHALL HAVE ETERNAL LIFE."  
- John 3:16

"And the testimony is this, 
that God has given us 
ETERNAL LIFE, 
and this life is in His Son."
- 1 John 5:11



3 comments:

  1. What a special tribute to a special person! So sweet! I barely knew her but felt so sad three years ago when she passed away. What a comfort to know she knew the Lord. I am so sorry for your loss...You are such a wonderful friend to your friends Debbie! XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the world lost a great person 3 years ago. My heart aches for her 3 beauties. I'm sorry for your loss....=0(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, what a beautiful tribute to Roisin. I can't believe it has been three years she has been gone. I know you miss her terribly. What a joy to know she is in heaven and will be there to greet you some day. I look forward to meeting her!

    I love how you tied in the day your beautiful Lily was born - what a joy that you have a special memory from that very special day, even though you didn't know at the time what was occurring on the other side of the world. God is so awesome and good, even when we have no idea.

    I love you, Debbie, and miss you so much. I am happy for you that you are so close to your wonderful sister. What a comfort and treasure she must be to you.

    Much love and many hugs and tons of prayers, Tammi

    ReplyDelete