Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Day of School & Three Years Since Referral

Today is three years.  

Three years since we drove to Sierra Madre to get the photos of Lily's referral pictures.  

This precious gem of a girl brings joy & laughter every day!!! 

Here she is today with her referral photos.  

She wasn't too interested in a "photo shoot" but I did the best that I could.  

I will never forget that day of seeing her happy face for the first time: 
8/11/08. 

Her smile brought much needed joy all the way from China!

I am so blessed to be her mom.  

There are no words for what her joy has brought 
in the midst of Roisin's passing, Hannah's illness & the loss of my marriage.  

The Lord always gives good gifts ... 
He knew I'd need her.  

Exactly HER.



I am so thankful for HIS PERFECT plan ..

even when I don't understand the details

that involve tremendous pain & waiting on Him. 
 God is good!


On a separate note, we hit the ground running this week: 
landed from Idaho, shopped for school supplies, packed the bag & lunch ... 
and got Hannah off to her first day of 4th grade! 


To see her riding the bus is a gift.  
My girl that lived on blood transfusions, 
lived life for over 160 days on a hospital unit is now entering 4th grade.  

Life is good  ... 
all of it, 
even my alarm at 6:30AM.

I wouldn't trade that alarm clock for an IV pole & hospital unit for anything! 

Here are pictures of Hannah's first day of school --



We had the greatest summer ever ... 
just the three of us & I am so thankful.  

Thankful for the peace we have had.  

Thankful for the memories we have made.  

It has been much needed time for us to be off schedule & just be together for summer travels & plans.   

I am one incredibly blessed Mom!!
No complaints from Kentucky.  
Ever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips."  Psalm 34:1

"Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the desert .... 
to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart."  Deuteronomy 8:2

No comments:

Post a Comment