Monday, August 22, 2011

Plain & Simple ...


Last week was a great week.

I took a job.  Haven't started yet but I am gearing up & ready to go!  
Back to doing outside sales in the corporate world.   
I know it will be a lot of fun.  
I really can't believe they are going to pay me to talk to people & make friends all the live long day.  
Don't they know I'd do this for free? 

Hannah, Blair & I went to the Lady Antebellum concert on Thursday night.  
They were incredible but the BEST part was watching Hannah sing along & dance in the row.  
She is so alive ...so full of life ... and I am so thankful!!!

Friday was Open House at Lily's Pre-school.  Super fun.  
Lily was given about 20 tatoos which she put ALL over her body as soon as we got home.  
Just finally got them all off tonight (4 days later!)
While at the Open House, a friend told Hannah about a karaoke 
competition for kids at the KY State Fair.    
So off we went to the fair ... for Hannah to sing her heart out. 
She did move on to the semi-finals but didn't make it to the finals.  
She rocked the stage ... owned it & had a blast.   

She was so super excited when she came off stage -- 
honestly, you would have thought she had won based on her enthusiasm.  

Here are some pictures from our great week in KY: 


On our way to Lady A concert ... one of the best nights ever.  
Lily took this picture before we left. 
Yes, she's 3 but she can work the Canon DSLR.




At the State Fair for the karaoke contest.
Just had to get a picture with this sign.   Not often we see our last name spelled correctly.
This was a booth for "Eriksen Chiropractic" 
.. no relation to us. 


On stage ready for her first performance ... she calls this her "home."
 Being called back onto the stage to move on to the "semi-final" round.   
She was over the moon!!


 Lily (and "Baby") in the tricycle race at the Fair.  
Isn't she so adorbale?  
We have been having some sweet times together ... 
L.O.V.E. this girl!!
 Oops ... "Baby" got stuck under the back wheel. 

Hannah working the stage during the semi-finals.  
She had an absolute blast performing!!





Can't go to the fair without doing the rides.   
This picture is from before some crazy ride.  I should have taken a picture afterward ... oh my! 
Don't think I will be doing this ride again next year.  
I was scared out of my mind on this thing.  
When did I become such a wimp ... 
and why is my thumb double jointed?  
Yikes.
 

Life is good.  
 no matter what craziness is going on 
... and I know me a lot of crazy!

All God's best from HOME,

1 comment:

  1. Love the positive energy and joy that comes from your posting! Feeling it here in NH after a wonderful, deserving summer! Love to all!
    Team D'Auteuil

    ReplyDelete