Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hannah & Her Guy

Hannah & Jim before taking off for the "Me & My Guy" dance

Lily wanted to get in on all the photo action ... so cute!

After Hannah & Jim left for the dance, it was time for Lily's dinner: "Let's see how the noodles taste if I put them up my nose??"

Cracking herself (and me) up!!


Hannah with her project at the end of Girl Scout meeting.


Been neglecting the blog but not intentionally. Just been busy with L-I-F-E & that's a good thing!

* Jim & I leave for the East Coast on Saturday. Going on a Caribbean cruise out of Miami on Sunday. Did I mention Jim is on the board for a great organization & this cruise is the board retreat. Gosh I love boards ...thank you, ALI! Even if I am sea sick the entire time, it will just be so nice to be away & have some time to just relax ..even if it is over the railing of the ship! Ha, ha!!! The girls will be loving life with Aunt Kim & family and then with my Mom until we get back.

* Tonight at bedtime when I was praying with Lily after I finished, she said "more, more!" So I prayed some more & then she added "Thank you, Jesus, Auntie Mom .. and let's see? how about???? how about??? how about??? Jesus. Amen." So hilarious and so sweet.

* Today when I picked Lily up at pre-school she was on the playground with the little kids. When we walked back into the school to leave, we passed a class with 4 year olds. As we were walking by Lily waved & loudly said "Bye friends!!" The kids looked up & a bunch said "Bye, Lily!!!" Hello ... she is Miss personality!!! Why does it not surprise me that the kids from the other room know who this little pumpkin is?! She is too much!!!

* Hannah & Jim went to a "Me & My Guy" dance on Saturday night. I was a bit concerned that they might be home early but they had such a great time! Hannah wore her prom dress & made Jim wait at the bottom of the steps to see her after she was all dressed & ready to go on her date with him.

* Hannah got her first report card since being back in school & the girl is doing really well ... especially considering that she missed almost all of 1st grade & the first half of 2nd grade! She is on grade level with most things & just below in a few. Not bad at all!!!! Going back to school has been a huge adjustment but she has taken to the schedule, the routine & the work like a duck in water. She is doing so great & I am so proud of her!!!!

* Hannah's schedule is full & back to normal life with Girl Scouts, an art class & Awana. All things she is really enjoying. Some days it is hard to believe how sick she truly was. Thank you, Lord, for healing my precious girl!!

* Lastly, our family is so thrilled for the arrival of Sienna Grace into her new family in Changsha, Hunan, China (same place where we went for Lily). What a beautiful little girl she is with her dear family .. check here!

2 comments:

  1. I am truly filled with joy reading about your family at this stage of the journey.
    Have a wonderful trip and may God continue to bless all of you and keep you healthy.
    Much love, Inge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious times! So happy to see your life in happiness. I cried for you all when things were hard and I smile and rejoice with you now that they are good.
    Remember to keep taking care of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete