Monday, May 17, 2010

Hannah's Prom

A local ministry, Adonai, puts on many events during the year to encourage critically ill kids & their families.

Yesterday was Adonai's Prom 2010.

Hannah was given a dress, received a corsage, had her hair, nails, make-up done & had a personal server to bring us drinks & our food at the prom.

Hannah danced almost the entire time ... 4 & 1/2 hours of dancing & fun!

We did not bring Lily because the music was loud last year & we thought it would be too loud for her this year. Lily is super sensitive to loud music, loud announcements in stores, you name it -- except, of course, the loudness of her own voice! :-)

The dress I wore was from last year -- a perfectly good dress but I hadn't tried it on in a year.

I guess I have grown a bit this past year.

Yeah, grown. That's it.

Literally I felt like I broke a few ribs stuffing myself in that dress for hours!






Hannah & Dr. Horvath -- the angel that walks the halls of Kaiser Fontana Hospital!

Hannah & "Tremor", the mascot from our local minor league team, The Quakes.

I didn't know her hair could stay up like that.

Doing our own Chicken dance.




We had a great prom together.

Sad that this is the last event we will attend with the Adonai Ministry. They have been such an amazing encouragement & support to us during Hannah's illness.

I will never, ever forget the kindness of these once strangers that came to the hospital to love on us & bring us encouragement. A gift I hope to one day bring to others going through what we experienced.

All God's best from HOME --

3 comments:

  1. Debbie,
    The happiness in your posts is contagious. The pictures are awesome! I especially love the "hair shot" of Hannah and you look gorgeous despite your statement of not fitting into your dress. That's certainly not evident in those pictures! So happy for health and new adventures for you all in KY. KY is closer to NH than CA anyway. My brother and his wife leave today for Lourdes. They will be praying for health for my sister-in-law battling breast cancer and for Drew. Prayers for a safe move for you all and looking forward to more happy posts.
    Jen for Team D'Auteuil

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures just make me SMILE:)
    Hannah is such a little partier..it makes me so happy to see her having fun after all she had to go through. Hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is beautiful. You would never know that she had battled -- and beaten! -- such an awful disease.

    And I love the "I've grown" comment. I think I just might have to use that one. :)

    ReplyDelete