Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Preparing for Change

Perhaps I sounded too overly excited in my last blog post about the move we are about to make to Kentucky.

2,066 miles away from where I have called home for the past decade is a long way.

A heck of a long, long way from all that is familiar to me & the huge community of friends that make life wonderful for us in Southern California.

Maybe I sounded too flippant about it all. If so, I didn't mean to sound that way.

After the upheaval of Hannah's illness being able to prepare for a major life change feels like ... well, a tremendous gift.

Aplastic Anemia never afforded me the luxury of preparing for change. One day Hannah was a 1st grader, the next day she was critically ill.

Boom. No warning. Hello, hospital life. Hello, new reality.

Yes, we are preparing very quickly for our move to KY -- but let me just say, even the short amount of time to pack & plan for the move is a complete blessing after packing bags in a jiffy to get Hannah hooked up to an IV at the hospital as quickly as possible whenever she got a fever.

I am thankful for this time (even if it is only weeks) to squeeze in some last hugs & say goodbye.

I have so much to be thankful for ... always.

I am beyond grateful that I get to prepare my girls for this major life change. They are both excited for the move. Auntie Mom taught Lily to say "I want horsey!!" Thanks, Kim :-)

I am thankful for the time I get to prepare myself and thankful for the way the Lord opened my heart (and Jim's) to even make this move a possibility.

I feel such peace about it all & I am so thankful for these next 2 weeks of being able to prepare for change.

Big change.


All God's best from HOME --

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Here are pictures from this past week ...

"T" & Lily while we had a yard sale (I mean a junk sale) on our driveway Saturday



Hannah with her friends Ashlynn & Alyssa ... we love you both!!


My sister, Rachel, came out from Philadelphia & packed the heck out of my house.

Her goal was to get my entire house packed. Can I just say, MISSION COMPLETE!

She was (and IS) just amazing!!! She did so much ... Rachel, I can never thank you enough for helping me get done what I could not have done.

What I found out this past week is that Rachel is a purger & I, apparently, am an undercover hoarder & didn't even know it. Rachel discovered my collection of crafty things hidden deep in my house. I tend not to spend a lot of time actually DOING crafty things -- I guess I just like to buy crafty things with a 40% off coupon.

I have all the materials to start a serious candle making production in my kitchen. Of course, Rachel is first in line for one of my candles .... even though I haven't made one in 9 years.

Nine years without using those crafty materials is totally beside the point.

Only a hoarder would still have such things.

Oops!







No comments:

Post a Comment