Friday, May 7, 2010

We Are Moving!




So much has been going on the past few weeks.

But the big news over here is that we are moving.

Moving to Kentucky, that is.

Yes, KENTUCKY!

I keep looking at Jim in disbelief saying "Kentucky?" but I am really excited. Excited for a change & ready for a fresh start.

I am NOT excited to leave Kim (Auntie Mom) & family. Not happy about that all but God knows our hearts & the forever bond that we have .. so I trust Him with this move & the part of my heart that is breaking.

It has been a whirlwind of activity these past few weeks: organizing, interviewing, house hunting, checking out schools & packing the house we have lived in for 10 years.

I still can't believe it myself. If you had asked me where I thought we might move to next I would have said China to teach English, NOT Kentucky!!

This opportunity for Jim in Louisville has happened very quickly & without much stress.

God has clearly opened the doors for us to make this move.

My sister, Rachel, flew out from Philadelphia this week to help me pack up the house. She is a packing phenomenon! No joke .. I am in awe of her skills (definitely an inherited gene from our dad!). I could not do this without here. Really.

Garage sale is tomorrow at 8am.

Hannah gets out of school on May 25th & the moving truck comes on May 26th.

We are in our own personal "Kentucky Derby" right now with our sprint to Lousiville.

Just crazy these next 3 weeks but all good things .. thank you, Lord!








All God's Best from HOME!

11 comments:

  1. I have followed our sight for a long time but never commented. Louisville is a wonderful city and they have wonderful health care there too!!!
    Good luck and may God show u his love thru this change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears in my eyes..... But happy for this new chapter in your life...seems like a great time for a fresh start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! We can't wait to have you in our great state!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God's blessings as you prepare to move & start in a new state. Also wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day! With love from Fl...Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in Columbus IN which is about a hour to a hour and a half depending on where in Louisville. Columbus IN is known for its architect ..(google it) and come for a visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very exciting! We are also working on a move (in God's timing), but then we are moving TO family. Sometimes quick moves are the best...less time to worry and fret! God will be faithful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie,

    Hi, I am a friend of Melissa Devine and we met on our journey to China and met in Philly as a group and she told me she had a friend moving to Kentucky and we actually live outside of Louisville. I told her to have you get in touch with me and I can tell you about the area, FCC, churches, what ever you would like to know. My email address is sh24simpson@yahoo.com and our blog is www.babyizabella.blogspot.com -- I'm not so good at keeping it up so it is a bit behind! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow how exciting you are moving closer to my family. I have alway been jealous of your west coast weather and now you are joining my four season world!! I will pray for a smooth moving experience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie,
    I have only commented on your blog once or twice before, but follow it weekly. I too am an adoptive mom (China and VN) and ran across your blog fall 2008 shortly before adopting our second child. Of course this was just as Hannah received her diagnosis, so I've been one of her many, many prayer warriors. While my blogging experience only lasted during our trip because I couldn't keep up once we got home, I have continued to read yours. Anyway...felt the need to comment tonight because I can't believe you're moving my way. I live and work (as an asst. principal) just outside Louisville. If I can be in any help in the school dept., please let me know. Good luck on your move! You'll love this area. Feel free to contact me at any time. Michelle Sharp (sharp@bardstowncable.net)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting...!

    I also just have to comment on the pictures... Lily, - sweet as always... :-)
    Hannah, - looking sooo good...! ... and it is going to stay that way....! :-)

    HildeS, Norway

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have followed your blog since Hannah became sick and said many prayers for your family. Kentucky is a beautiful state. I am in Shelbyville which is about a 45 minute drive from Louisville. Congratulations and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete