Sunday, June 6, 2010

We're Here!!

We are in our new place & life is grand in the great state of Kentucky!

Jim started work on Tuesday & hit the ground running at full speed for the University of Louisville.  Go, Jim, go!

Our backyard is incredible.

I feel like we live in a park & we are all loving it.

There are birds all over the place. We've seen rabbits & frogs & heard an owl. There is a small creek at end of our property with a little bridge that leads to the neighbors yard. In our neighborhood no one has a fences so kids just walk through all the backyards to get around.

It feels so safe & I feel so comfortable with the girls being outside.

The neighbors have come out to greet us & have been so kind telling us things to do in KY & who are the other kids in the neighborhood that our kids might like to meet.

People have been so incredibly sweet & kind. I have just been blown away by the wonderful Southern Hospitality that we have experienced.

I love our house! It feels like home & I've been sleeping like a baby.

Blair came this weekend & unpacked a ton of boxes & also set up my entire kitchen.

Yes, I know, I have the world's greatest cousin ever .... THANK YOU, Blair~!!!

My sister's kids (from Indianapolis) stayed with us this weekend so that my sister & her husband could enjoy some alone time after having our kids while we were getting out here. It was really great to have the cousins together & see them enjoy being together.

Most of the time, that is.

There were moments, of course :-)


Here are some pictures from our weekend with the cousins ...

Checking out the bridge / creek



We went to the Nature Preserve near our house .. they have a great park area for the kids.
Here is Justin, 10 months, hanging out with us :-)
Here is Joshua .. so glad I got his cute smile in this picture!!!!
Lily loves the slide!!

Cousin Julia ... soaking wet from fun with water in our backyard
Bath time.
Kentucky Style :-)

I guess, that would make this "shower time"

Look at these girls! Such great times for these cousins!

All God's best to ya'll from our NEW HOME in KENTUCKY --

1 comment:

  1. oh wow Deb!!! looks fantastic! so gorgeous! kinda reminds me of Long Island NY where I grew up! OH how I miss it!......What a fantastic slow paced life you have started...enjoy with that beautiful family!

    You are so blessed!

    xoxo Jen Cherry

    ReplyDelete