Monday, June 28, 2010

A Wreck

I've been a bit of a wreck.

Everything here in my own house is just fine but my heart feels so heavy for the children of 2 friends that I know from the Aplastic Anemia community.

One friend's daughter is having a Bone Marrow Transplant in Philadelphia -- her adorable 7 year old is Kailey.

The other is a little boy, Noah, from close to where I used to live in California (LaVerne). He is having his BMT in Los Angeles at the Children's Hospital this week.

I guess it is just too close to home for my heart to not feel heavy at the weight of these procedures.

Too close to our reality if Hannah's Aplastic Anemia should re-lapse.


Also, beyond heart breaking is that my dear friend & neighbor of 10 years in California, Shay, is fighting hard against aggressive cancer.

I just about sobbed my way through Kroger tonight trying to buy groceries & not be completely shattered by what she is going through. When I got up to the pay at the register there were things in my cart I had no memory of placing in my cart.

Apparently, I needed cheese.

And lots of it.


One night I was crying & Lily came over & rested her head on my leg & just patted me.

She said, "you sad, mommy?"

I said, "yes, I am sad. Mommy's friend, Miss Shay, is very sick"

Lily said, "it's OK, Mommy, I make you happy."


Yes, Lily: You make me so happy & I can't imagine life without you!.

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of my tender-precious-China-born daughter. She is so intuitive, sensitive & caring ... and I needed her to "make my heart happy" because I have been feeling down right so sad these past few days.

My girls are my joy, my delight, my fun .... and even sometimes, my insanity.

Any mother will understand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. -- Shay, when you are checking in on life for us in KY: I LOVE YOU, MY FRIEND & I AM THINKING OF YOU ALL THE TIME!!!! I might be a lot further "down the street" but my heart is still right there with you.



1 comment:

  1. I am sad too...crying right now. This is Shay's friend Jenni. I brought them dinner tonight. Did not see Shay but spoke with Darryl outside for a while. Thank you for being such a special friend to her and for setting up the meals website. So sweet! By the way, I clicked on your blog link from your email to me:) I blog too:)

    ReplyDelete