Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Open House at Hannah's New School


Last night was Open House at Hannah's school.    The above picture is Hannah & Mrs. W on the couch in the classroom.  The entire room is set up like a house / classroom.  It feels so cozy, inviting & warm!

We had to bring Hannah's entire supply list (notebooks, folders, calculator, etc) & get her desk area completely prepared for Wednesday morning. 

Plus we met all of the staff at the school -- from the bus driver to the principal, gym teacher, nurse, art teacher & music teacher.  I know, friends in California, they have a full time art teacher, nurse, gym teacher & music teacher .... crazy!?!?!

Hannah is beyond thrilled to be going to one of the best public school in all of Kentucky ... it's going to be a great year!

The bus will be stopping right in front of our house to pick up Hannah in 23 hours & 50 minutes .... but I am not counting. 

I love summer.   I love 24/7 with my kids.

Really, I do.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hannah & Lily excited to be in Hannah's classroom!

Hannah, Lily & Mrs. W ... she's about the same size as Lily but I won't hold it against her or tell her I eat Coco Puffs & Combos at 3am.

I am sure she can already tell.


The bus!!


Checking out the entire school ... as you can tell from Lily's wet dress, they also investigated every water fountain on campus.

They all work....phew!

Even though I am very ready for summer to end & for the schedule of the school year, I hope it goes without saying that I wouldn't have it any other way. 

I know beyond what words can describe that every day with my kids is a gift .... thank you, Lord!!!

"Seek the Lord & His strength: seek His face evermore.  Remember His marvelous works that He hath done!"  Psalm 105:4

No comments:

Post a Comment