Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thankful


God has been so good to us.

Hannah pulled through some very tough times. There were times when I wondered if Hannah would make it home.

She had her blood counts checked on Thursday and THEY WERE ALL NORMAL. Her platelets have finally caught up to the Red & White blood cells!! The platelets hit the 150,000 mark this past week and I just stand amazed at how the Lord has healed my precious Hannah!

We sat in the Pediatric Hematology / Oncology waiting room for over 2 hours. The place was filled. Filled with very, very sick children.

What on earth do I have to complain about?

If you think you have something to complain about, just take a trip to your local Pediatric Oncology office. I can't think of another place a mother would least like to be with her child. Spend some time in that waiting room & your life will quickly get back into perspective.

In the midst of wondering where our day was going (because we were waiting so long), I was thankful ...

Thankful that Hannah no longer has to wear a mask.

Thankful that Hannah was waiting for a quick visit with the doctor & to have her blood work done.

Thankful that we weren't wondering if we should have packed a bag for an unexpected stay at the hospital.

Thankful that Hannah was headed to school after her appointment & then going to Girl Scouts right after school.

The normalcy of life is such a blessing.

I feel like I have won the greatest lottery in the world just driving around in my minivan with 2 kids in tow.

Truly, I have.

No amount of money could ever buy these blessings!

God is so good.

------------------------------------
Psalm 105:1-3

Oh, give thanks to the LORD!
Call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples!
Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him;
Talk of all His wondrous works!
Glory in His holy name;
Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the LORD!
------------------------------------------------------

P.S. ..

Thank you to so many people that have sent me kind messages about our sweet, sweet dog Joy. I still cannot wrap my mind around her not being here following me everywhere.

Many times during the day I think, "where is Joy?"

And then I remember.

2 comments:

  1. UUGH! I see that 11564 has been replaced with some other troop number! How sad! We just get ripped off and replaced, oh I just can't bear the thought of it!
    OK... kidding.
    We miss you guys but I'm so glad to hear Hannah has a new troop. I'll just take comfort in the fact that I know they can't possibly be as fun as our troop! :)
    Miss you much,
    The OLD troop leader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Such wonderful news to read this morning! Your Hannah is a survivor! Such good news for an Aplastic Anemia patient to hear that blood counts are normal!

    Talisa Linker
    North Carolina

    ReplyDelete