Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Hannah!



Today my sweet Hannah turned eight. HOW has it been eight years since I heard "it's a girl" at Loma Linda Hospital?!

I always knew she was an amazing little girl but she has proved it over & over this past year with all the challenges she faced. I didn't know her inner strength until this year ... thank you, Lord, for giving her what she has needed to get through so much!!

After everything we have been through it just felt like Hannah's birthday was a gift to us all. Just to have this day. To have her here. To all be home. To not be in the hospital. To not have an IV pole attached ... the day was just a gift!

We spent the day at Disneyland for hours & hours & hours.

Hannah is a delight to have as a daughter. She brings joy, laughter, happiness, and more fun than I could have ever imagined.

I am so proud of her in so many ways but particularly the way she is in her role as "Big Sister". What a gift she & Lily are to one another!

Hannah, you are so loved! I always go through the whole list with Lily of who loves her but just know the list is just as long for you, sweet girl!

I am so incredibly proud of you & thankful that God chose me to be your mom. You are a blessing to my heart .... & to so many!!!!!!

I love you forever -- XOXOXO!!!!

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH!!!!

    Blessings,
    The Rouse Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday, Hannah!!!!!! We love you!!! Lindsay & Ben (and Allan & Cheryl) = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Hannah looks like you really enjoyed Disneyland.
    Love to all

    ReplyDelete