Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving



Hannah lost her first tooth tonight & her comment was, "It is the night before Thanksgiving & I am losing teeth not my hair". Chemo was to have started on Thanksgiving as preparation for the BMT.

I feel like I just keep repeating myself but there are no words to describe the tremendous joy of having Hannah out of the hospital & on the road to remission.

I want every person that reads this blog & has supported us during these very difficult months to know from the bottom of my heart how grateful I am.

I have never once felt like I was walking this road alone and in the midst of some very dark days, that knowledge has always been a gift. I am grateful to the Lord for so many that have cared for our family, prayed for us & helped us in many practical ways.

Our entire family is so thankful for the tremendous support we have received.

We are truly blessed.

Even in the joy of this time, my heart is heavy for those we know that are enduring this disease right now in the hospital: Ethan, age 4, at City of Hope -- fighting fevers, cold symptoms & waiting for engrafement of his new bone marrow. Erin, a friend of ours from NIH, with an infection in her central line.

No matter what is going on today -- burnt yams, dry turkey, crying babies, whatever -- just count your blessings. There really are so many!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving..
    Have a great day..
    Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lord!
    Love you Hannah and gang, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I praise the Lord that you were able to be home with your family, all together on Thanksgiving. May God continue to bless Hannah and the rest of your family.

    With love, Rob and Sandy Wertheim and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. So amazing your journey over the last year!
    Blessings Friend!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following your site for some time now. I'm soooo happy and soooo thankful that Hannah is doing so well. What a wonderful gift this holiday season. Continuing prayers for Hannah and your family. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. We sure missed you at Thanksgiving at Kathy and Fred's this year! I want to take Hannah's picture with my new camera. Praise the Lord for her numbers!

    Uncle Eddie

    ReplyDelete