Thursday, December 10, 2009

Been Sick ..

* I feel miserable. Ear ache. Sinus headache. Blah, blah, blah.

* As a side note, I'd like to mention this: KAISER ROCKS! I love our health insurance - called at 4pm today; got in at 5:30 for appointment; picked up prescription by 6:15 -- unbelievable. Forget Obama-care, can we please have Kaiser take over the entire national system? They've got it right. Not to mention that without Kaiser, we'd be bankrupt because of all Hannah's hospital stays, tests, ambulance rides, etc.

* The girls are doing great.

* Lily is just hilarious. Seriously, I love her sense of humor. She laughs & her laugh is just contagious to everyone! I am too tired right now to think of a funny story ... but there are many.

* Hannah is happy at home. We are debating about putting her back in school in January. If the doctor will give approval, I think it would be really good. I am going a bit crazy being home 24/7 with both girls. I am thankful we are home, don't get me wrong, but I need space and I am not getting any right now. All good problems so really I am not complaining ... just ready to see if we can make some adjustments (of course, only if the doctor is sure it is OK for Hannah's health).

* We've been doing normal things & just happy to be home. Christmas tree is up. This is the first year since we have had Lily that I put decorations on the tree. I cried putting up the chinese ornaments we bought in China ... and that my sister gave me about 4 years ago while we were waiting. Amazing that our China baby is HOME!! :-)

* I am working on getting our Christmas cards sent out. Long story but I did two total different versions -- b/c I printed one set & then didn't have enough. So some of you are getting one version & some are getting another ... no reason why some got one card & others got another. I am just completely disorganized this year but glad that life is normal enough that at least a card is going out :-)

* An electric blanket & Costco-fake-UGG-boots are a good thing this time of year in Southern California when the temps dip into the 50's during the day & 40's at night. I am such a wimp with the cold!!!!!! How could I have really grown up on the East Coast?!

* Pray for our friends recovering from bone marrow transplants because of Aplastic Anemia: Drew (at Children's in Boston) and Ethan (at City of Hope here in LA). These boys have been through so much but are thankfully recovering ... pray for their moms: both named Jennifer. I know the feeling of wanting to climb the walls in the hospital room after weeks & weeks of staying in-patient!

OK -- off to my warm cozy bed!

All God's best from Southern California,

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, Boy can I identify with climbing the walls being home 24/7! (We'll vent later in the Ladies AA club line!). Glad to hear all the positive things in your report. We put our first artificial tree since we can't have a live one this year. Not the same thing, but better than nothing. Oh, and please? 40's and 50's?? Did you really grow up on the east coast (funny, I was born on the west)? It was 25 this morning bringing Drew home! I hope you feel better and great job Hannah!! Keep making us proud.
    Jen
    Drew's mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. My car said 9 degrees yesterday! 50 would be AWESOME!!!! :) Love ya... can't wait to see ya! ~Blair

    ReplyDelete