Thursday, February 4, 2010

Update ... & Thinking of Jacob

Ok, it was so hard to post the picture on Wordless Wednesday & not write a thing about Lily's adorable toes. It's Thursday and it's my blog: "Isn't it the cutest thing how she flips up her big toes like that?!?!" I don't know how she does it without pushing down the other toes but I love it!!!

Lily is having a lot of fun in her pre-school program 2 days a week. My sisters & I are addicted to watching her on the closed circuit TV while she is at school. Only one of us can be logged in to watch at a time so the texting goes back & forth to get off the "Lily Watch" & let the others have a turn. So cute to watch her with her little friends at school!

I have a Chinese lady (well, she looks like a young girl!?!) coming tomorrow morning to start Chinese lessons with Lily. Lily knows that tomorrow when Elaine comes, Elaine will say "Ni-How". I guess that is as prepared as Lily can be but I am sure it is going to be a shock when Elaine only speaks Chinese to her for a few hours!?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the past few weeks Hannah has asked me everyday, "So ... how's Jacob doing?" She knew he wasn't feeling good. We had seen Jacob while we were in patient at the hospital in January.

Back when we first met Jacob he told Hannah at some point that she was his girlfriend. Well, Hannah is a typical girl & hearing that is NOT what a girl wants to hear from a boy at this age! That was over a year ago (and believe me, Jacob had totally moved on from thinking Hannah was his girlfriend!) but Hannah still thought he thought she was (does that make sense?). She told me last night that he probably has pictures of her all over his room in heaven. Cracked me up .. yes, Hannah, I am sure he has pictures of you all over his room in heaven: hilarious!

It was very hard to tell Hannah that Jacob had died. My heart just breaks for her as she has now lost 2 friends from the hospital. She handled it better than I did ... thank you, Lord!

It is comforting to know that Daniel is there with Jacob. Daniel was so kind to all the little kids on the unit. Here is a precious scrapbook page that Jacob's mom, Melisa, made of Jacob & Daniel together. Both were precious guys & dear to our hearts!!

Kim said it best, "as life goes, you can see why we will long more & more to get to heaven -- think of all the friends we will be re-united with!"

Please pray for Tony & Melisa. They are Jacob's parents & he was their only child. Their pain is just beyond comprehension ... unimaginable.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"To Thee, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, in Thee I trust ... Lead me in Thy truth and teach me, For Thou art the God of my salvation; For Thee I wait all the day. Remember, O Lord, Thy compassion and Thy lovingkindness, For they have been from of old" Psalm 25:1-2, 5-6

3 comments:

  1. It breaks my heart that you all have lost another friend on your journey. What a cute comment Hannah made - she is still such a good sport even though she has been through so much. Her strength (as well as yours) is such an inspiration. Thank you for letting us travel this journey, that somtimes seems like a roller coaster, with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Debbie, do you remember my friend Alida? You two met via email a few months back when the drs. weren't sure what her son had but they were thinking Aplastic Anemia. He was just diagnosed with AA...would you please stop by her blog and love on her? I don't know how to help her or what to say...I know you will you will be a great comfort for her :) Here is her blog http://ransomedredeemed.blogspot.com/

    Blessings, stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, Thank You for posting Jacob our precious angel in Heaven. I can't even tell you how hard things have been but reading your post about Hannah makes me smile :o)

    So glad things are going well for all of you!
    Melisa

    ReplyDelete