Thursday, May 5, 2011

Camera Fun

I am about to start a digital photography class taught by Lisa from thelongroadtochina.blogspot.com 

I've been stuck for years in the AUTO zone with my DLSR Camera so I am looking forward to finally learning about aperture, shutter speeds, F-Stop & more!

We got notes from Lisa for our first week's class & last night I started playing around with some of the functions on my camera (baby steps, baby steps, baby steps).

None of these pictures are amazing ... just me learning & playing with the camera while Lily was having fun at the park.  Then again, they are all pictures of Lily so they are amazing simply because of the subject matter!

I have A LOT to learn in the world of photography.  I know the class will all be fun and I will be able to capture my two girls in new ways from behind the camera! 

---------------------------------------------------

Only 37 hours until The 137th Kentucky Derby!!!  

Hannah is off from school tomorrow in celebration of Derby weekend.  
That's a sure sign that you live in KY.   
Wow.














3 comments:

  1. So cute!! How did the first night go!!! You are in there with some of my favorite pals!!!!!

    Enjoy learning from The Pro!!!!

    ~Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shots are great! She is good subject matter. It is so funny I was just on the Florabella site wishing I knew how to use all that stuff for my own photos and then I checked in here and saw you are learning also.

    I am soon taking a class locally on composition. Baby steps!

    Blessings,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your blog - I'm just up the Ohio River in Cincinnati! I also took the class from Lisa - we just finished up the week before yours started. She was awesome - I think you will really enjoy it and learn a lot. It's a bit overwhelming but it takes a lot of practice (I keep teling myself that!) Love your blog - your daughters are gorgeous! I have one beautiful daughter adopted from China August 2010. Glad I found your blog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete