Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Looking Back ...

It has been a year since I was in my van with my sweet dog, Joy, driving to Kentucky.


Just the 2 of us.  

Chilling with the 80's music, Shania Twain and Jeremy Camp.

So many things are not as I thought they would be at this point 

but I have to say ... 

THANK YOU, LORD that none of life is a surprise to Him & I am thankful each day for His Grace.

Every day is a gift.


I Remember how incredibly sick Hannah was in July 2009 
with bi-lateral pneumonia & a temperature of 107.

I am thankful for each & every day I have with my precious oldest daughter ...

 She is healthy enough to play soccer ..

to love on her little sister & watch out for her when I cannot .... 

to ride the school bus each day ... 

and to enjoy normal life with a 3rd grade teacher
 & friends ....

Hannah has her life & I don't take a moment of it for granted.

Life is good.
I remember how L.O.N.G. I waited to see Lily's face.

3 1/2 years of waiting for China to process the paperwork.

The Lord used that wait to teach me to trust in Him with all my heart ...

a lesson I will never be done learning.

I wondered for 3 1/2 years what Lily looked like ...


And then I finally saw her face on August 11, 2008 ...
Her beautiful, happy, joyful face that brought sunshine all the way from China.

How happy my heart is to be mom to this girl that loves life.

She is a love bug & a gem

She is a delight ... in the morning
 and at night

She is so strong willed at times   ... 

But she is mine.
All mine.

Life really is good.  

Things may not be what I imagined

but God's faithfulness has not changed

& it is His love that sustains me each day.



All God's best from HOME in KY,

2 comments:

  1. It is so good to see such happy, loving faces each day as I read your posts. Hannah is looking so good and Lily, well, Lily is a delight to behold. I am so glad that you are enjoying Kentucky. I love it here. God bless you as you travel the road before you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only 8:30 in the morning...I certainly didn't need to cry this early. Very sweet gratefulness for a sweet sweet life.

    ReplyDelete