Sunday, May 1, 2011

Our Tornadoes ....

Tornadoes have been all over the South & last week's destruction was just unreal. 

If you saw it on the news, you probably can't believe the devastation, the trauma & what it was like to be there.  Unless you were on the ground experiencing it, you have no idea what it was REALLY like in the middle of those tornadoes. 

Personally, the month of April was one tornado after the next: 
Many were real tornado wanings here in in our Kentucky county
while others have been symbolic tornadoes 
from trying to deal reasonably 
with an unreasonable person.  

Maybe it's just me 
but I believe that NO ONE can ever know what is REALLY 
going on in a marriage except for the two people 
that are in that marriage. 

It's just that way.

Unless you are the man or the wife:  
you REALLY don't know. 

You may think you know.

You might think you are the expert because 
you have known so & so for SOOOO long  ... 
and so & so can quote theology left & right 
but guess what? 

Only the two people in that marriage KNOW for real what has been going on 
& what kind of tornado warnings 
they have been living under & for how long.

So while the South has been blown over with storm after storm 
so has my life and the lives of my girls. 

It's been c.r.a.z.y.

You just can't believe it unless you are here walking in our shoes 
dodging storm after storm.   

None of the details will ever make this blog, 
but the personal tornadoes we are having to endure OVER & OVER 
are beyond belief. 

All I can do is be as much of shield as possible for my girls. 

Both of them have already been through so much in their short lives: 
THEY DO NOT DESERVE THIS!!
------------------------------------------------------
"Let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth."  
1 John 3:18

7 comments:

  1. Praying, as always for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie..I am truly sorry for all you and your beautiful girls are going through..It honestly breaks my heart, I know I don't "know know" you but I do feel like I do since I have been your blog reader (stalker;) for a long time. I so respect and admire you.
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that Jesus remains especially close to you and the girls through the "twisters" of this season!
    Pam Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie...I am very sorry for the storms you have been weathering, along with your precious girls. Although we haven't seen each other since high school, I have been following your blog now for a while, and all I can say is: 1) you are right--no one but the two people in the marriage truly know what goes on and 2) it is clear that you have deep faith and deep wells of strength from which to draw during this trying time. You are an amazing mother and I know you and your girls will emerge from this storm even stronger. There is hope and happiness still to be had in your future--I can just sense it. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just so sorry you are going through this Debbie. I ache for you and the girls. You are such a strong person but we all break sometimes. I am so sorry for all this. Big hugs,

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie - I hear the pain in your words and am sorry if some people have passed judgement on you. You are so right, that no one knows exactly what you're going through. As difficult as it is for you, I am so glad you have those two wonderful daughters to throw your love into and to receive love back. Hoping you sense the love and prayers sent your way. Love and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too do not "know know" you but I have read your blog and posted comments a few times. I do read the pain and hurt in your writing. Know that I am praying for you and the girls that you may shelter them from the storms and that you soon may have a time of peace and be storm free.

    ReplyDelete