Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

  
Mother's Day was PERFECT.

I couldn't have asked for anything more! 

There are some beautiful parks along the Ohio River so we went for a bike ride along the river.  

While we were riding on the trail I kept ringing the bell on my bike (yes, I have a bell on my bike.  I'm 6.) to warn all the "people" up ahead that we were coming through.   Hannah & I were cracking up because there was NO ONE up ahead.  The path was empty.  

Just one more reason that I truly love living in Kentucky: no crowds at all.  
Life is so much calmer & without a lot of the stress of Southern California.  

Lily loves that she still fits in the baby seat on my bike.  
She sat right behind me on my ride holding her "baby", of course, while Hannah & I rode our bikes.  

This was my 10th year celebrating Mother's Day (well, as a Mom, that is) & it just gets better!

Lily indulged me with a mini photo shoot in our backyard and I was able to get some good shots of her.  Amazing because I was totally out of my comfort zone selecting the aperture & the ISO ... the camera automatically selected the shutter speed.  

This first picture is my absolute favorite from our shoot. 
This one is going in a frame this week!  
Look at her face!








Hannah was sitting by the creek writing songs while I took Lily's pictures.  
After we were done, Hannah indulged me by getting in a few shots 
& I was even able to set up the tripod to get the one of the three of us.  

I love pictures and I couldn't ask for a better Mother's Day gift 
than these reminders of such a great weekend with my girls.  

And wow, the power of a few doses of anti-biotics -- Hannah was totally back to herself by Sunday.  
So glad she is feeling better!!

I have so much to be thankful for!








1 comment:

  1. Great pics!!!! I agree that first one is precious!!!! Happy Mother's day to a wonderful Mama!!!!

    Hugs
    Diana

    ReplyDelete