Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hannah Goes Hollywood ... Again!

Brenda Song, Hannah & Cole Spouse .. on set of Suite Life on Deck

Hannah & Debby Ryan

Hannah & our wonderful host, MK, at the Suite Life on Deck



Yesterday afternoon I got a call from my dear friend Tracey that she arranged a personal invitation for Hannah to visit a rehearsal of the Suite Life on Deck today!!!! Late in the evening I almost called to cancel because Hannah was still not feeling well. She stayed on the couch all day yesterday & her temp was never below 99.4.

I didn't cancel & today when we woke up Hannah's temperature was normal & she felt great! We made it to the Hollywood set of Suite Life on Deck by 11:30am & got to stay until about 1pm watching rehearsal. Hannah was the only visitor on the set, so there were only about 20 people there including the director, actors, & our host, MK. Thank you, MK!! The time was just amazing for Hannah & she has decided that once she is cured she is starting acting classes. You go, girl! I will support her for whatever she wants to do (well, almost anything) ... like my parents did for me!

Because Hannah's counts were so good at clinic on Monday, her doctor here & her doctor at NIH are talking about maybe delaying the date for her transplant to see if her body might still respond to the treatment she got in June.

Wow.

Really?!?!

It is so hard to process especially after getting the call from Seattle Children's Hospital on Monday that they have a firm date for her bone marrow transplant. While I am hopeful that she might avoid the BMT, I am still preparing & bracing myself for the transplant road.

Please, Lord, just let her be healed before a transplant!!!! That is my heart's desire. Please just let this long road of her illness be over!!!

Thankfully, Hannah has a renewed energy since her port is gone. When we have gone to clinic, twice now, with her new line, she is her happy little self -- dancing & singing. I feel like since that port was removed, "Happy Hannah" is back.

She is a gift. Each day is a gift.

Transplant or not, I am thankful for today ... and for the fun we got to have in Hollywood .. and for the joy of sitting across from her at lunch at Mimi's Cafe .. and the delight she is to my heart.

I love being her mom & I am forever grateful for the gift of her precious life!

Thank you to so many of you that keep our family in your prayers .. there just are not the right words to express my gratitude!

God has been so faithful every day during this very difficult road. I know I am walking every mother's worst nightmare but I just can't imagine walking this road without the grace that only God can give.

Thank you, Lord!!!

All God's best from HOME!

3 comments:

  1. Ainsley wants to start hanging with Hannah!!! What a blessing to have a such a fun day, and such hopeful news!

    Love,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news, Debbie! As I was praying just yesterday for Hannah, I really felt and believed that Hannah would be healed before the BMT. How amazing that we can KNOW God is in control and gives everlasting joy and peace no matter what the circumstances are!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day and what excitement about the delay on the BMT. The thought that her bone marrow may be coming back from vacation is just so exciting!! We will continue prayers.

    Christy :)

    ReplyDelete