Thursday, October 15, 2009

Still Moving Forward

I have a firm date with Seattle for Hannah's first appointment.

November 5th.

It will then be two weeks of appointments for pre-transplant testing, including a bone marrow biopsy on November 9th. The BMT coordinator that I talked with today said that if Hannah's bone marrow is working at the cellular level they will send us home without the transplant. She has done it before with other patients -- it is not common but not out of the realm of possibility.

I found out today that Hannah's donor is a 46 year old male from Europe (CMV negative, like Hannah). That is all we will know about her donor until at least one year after transplant. At that point, if he would like to be made known, we will be able to get in touch with him.

So, we are still walking this road ... hoping for an exit or off ramp before we get to transplant.

Tomorrow we go to clinic to check Hannah's numbers. I am so curious to know if they have continued to hold or if they have dropped this week.

Lily has been at Kim's all week -- poor girl is still coughing up a storm & was running a low grade fever today. Kim took her to the doctor today & he thought it was best for her to be away from Hannah so they don't share this virus.

My mom booked a ticket this morning to come to the West Coast tomorrow (go, Mom!) .. I know she is missing the girls like crazy & we are missing her! It will be great to have a week together.

I have some cute pictures from Brownie Girl Scouts today but I will have to post them later. Hannah & I made it to the meeting ... yeah for troop #11564!!! Hannah got a badge today that truly says it all: BROWNIES CAN DO ANYTHING!

2 comments:

  1. I bet I'm not the only one who has checked the blog repeatedly in the past several hours, hoping for some word about what her counts were yesterday. . . OK, well it is still before 9AM out there. I guess we could cut you a break :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! A firm date... The conflicting feelings must be overwhelming! I am praying that our merciful Lord will heal Hannah PRIOR to transplant day. Thinking of you all daily and love you so much!!! (posting on here, as I'm denying myself FB for a little while...lol).

    XOXOXOXOXOX Brigitte

    ReplyDelete