Friday, October 9, 2009

Life Just Seems So Normal

Hannah getting red blood cells today at the clinic. She was sound asleep from the Benadryl that is given as a pre-medication:


Hannah's new line getting accessed for the first time at clinc this past Tuesday. We DO NOT miss the port:

Lily & I out on a walk while Hannah was having "school" at home with her teacher:

We are enjoying all things normal & it just doesn't seem real that we are preparing for Hannah to have a bone marrow transplant. As of right now we are on track to go to Seattle (still waiting to find out exact date) but it can all be canceled if Hannah's bone marrow starts working on its own (so keep praying!). Her bone marrow is doing something but I don't know if it will be enough to avoid a BMT. Probably not. Today we went to clinic to get red blood cells & her numbers were the same as they had been on Tuesday. That was a first for her. Everything was the same ... granted, her numbers are still in the low range but they had not dropped in 72 hours. I think that is the first time her blood counts have remained stable since she got sick last December. Her counts were: wbc 3.5; platelets 28k; hemoglobin 7.4.

Lily got her first haircut this week. I will upload some pictures when I am able. Nothing major just cleaned up the back of her hair. She keeps holding her hair saying, "Lily hay cut". So cute!

Lily loves to play & will command that you "sit, play" -- except when she says it, it sounds like "shit, pay". Hilarious!

Hannah officially started 2nd grade this week with a Home / Hospital teacher that comes to our house. Hannah TOTALLY connected with the teacher, as she is a cancer survivor, & they discussed many different things. I am so thankful that Hannah is feeling more motivated again for learning & for reading.

I am truly enjoying all things normal. Cooking (yes, I know - family, don't faint!), cleaning the floor, changing the diapers, running errands & even seeing friends. I am so grateful for this time of normalcy. This time at home is giving me a much needed break from hospital stays & a much needed second wind before Seattle.

Lily is getting dedicated at church this Sunday. Finally after over a year of being home!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it! So for all our PFB friends, Lily's dedication is at the start of the 9:45 service. Hannah will be also there since she is out of the hospital right now. Hannah might be a bit overwhelmed by everyone (just a warning. maybe she won't?). If you are sick, please stay back ... she does not need to get a cold or the flu. Thanks!!

We are all just home and I am loving life. Grateful for each day as a mom -- truly it is a gift!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is going good..
    LOVE the photos.. Glad Hannah's counts are up..
    Have a great weekend...
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will make sure I come into the 9:45 service to see Lily dedicated. I will bring Mia as well for the short time then head to sunday school. When I just read that I just broke down and cried. I dont know why her dedication is so emotional for me but my reaction surprised me. I just cant belive what your first year with Lily has been filled with and the unbelievable strength you have had in order to make it through. I dont even have the words.

    I will have some clothes for you soon. I will be cleaning out mias closet and changing over seasons in the next week or two so I will be calling soon.

    Hugs and I will see you in the morning.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete