Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quick Update on Hannah

Hannah woke up with a temp of 100.7. I started packing our bag as I was calling to talk to the doctor. Surprisingly, the doctor said that we could stay home unless her temperature hit 101 because Hannah's counts were so good yesterday when we went to clinic. Wow! That is a first for Hannah!! Usually if she hits 100.4, we have to get right to the hospital. Hannah's ANC was over 2,100 this week ... the highest it has ever been (when she was first diagnosed it was 77).

We are still at home tonight. Hannah is not feeling good -- she is definitely fighting some kind of a cold or something. Thank God her body has enough blood cells right now to actually fight something!!

Keep praying that Hannah's bone marrow will kick in! We go back to clinic on Friday to check her numbers again & to talk to her doctor. We are all very encouraged that her platelets have remained stable for over 2 weeks & that her white blood cell count is almost into the low/normal range. What an answer to prayer it would be if she recovers without a transplant.

Today I was making a list of what to pack for Seattle & I just felt a bit of what Abraham maybe felt as he was taking Isaac up the mountain ... begging God to please not let this happen.

God knows. I don't understand any of this but I keep on trusting Him.

All God's best from HOME --

1 comment:

  1. I was praying for you Debbie and 2 songs kept popping in my head! Praise you in this storm- Casting Crowns and Never let go - Matt Redman (I think :)) The latter I would crank when my then 6 year old son broke his neck. And I would sing it at the top of my lungs!lol! I pray you are still at home with your beautiful strong girl! And her bone marrow comes out of hiatus :)
    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete