Thursday, September 17, 2009

2 Years Ago Today


Two years ago today our precious Lily was found in the town of Miluo in the Hunan Province of China. There were things found with Lily that make me know that her birth mother loved her & wanted her to be cared for. I cannot fathom the agony that her birth mother felt as she was leaving Lily. China certainly does not make it easy - they have laws that prohibit more than one child, laws that prohibit openly placing your child for adoption and a culture that traditionally has preferred boys over girls.

The above picture is a copy of the "finding ad" that was placed in the newspaper, The Hunan Daily on December 12, 2007. This ad was placed by the government in search of Lily's family. I am so thankful that the Lord found us to be worthy to be her family -- she is a prize & I am forever grateful for true privilege of being her mother. She is the most amazing blessing to our family & God planned her to join us in just His perfect timing - even though I struggled with all the waiting. God knew & He uses that faith journey each day as I struggle with Hannah's illness & His plan for her life.

Tuesday (Lily's birthday), Hannah & I spent at the clinic & at the hospital. With the issues with Hannah's port she wanted to get her transfusions through an IV instead of through her port. I don't blame her!! Getting an IV started sounds better to her than having her port accessed. The hospital is the only place that will do an IV so she & I slept over at the hospital on Tuesday night for her to get transfusions. Around 10 pm the nurse told me Hannah's temperature was 100.6 & I almost had a heart attack!!!!! I just couldn't believe it - the nurse & I removed a few blankets -- later her temp was back in the normal range -- THANK YOU, LORD!!!!!!! We both slept like rocks in the hospital room and I had a great opportunity to catch up with my dear friend, Virginia (Chance's Mom). They are in the hospital for Chance to get anti-biotics & to have his central line removed since he is done with chemo, bone marrow transplant & radiation ... Chance looks great & it was the first time we saw Chance with hair ... he looked wonderful!!!

We missed being with Lily on her actual birthday (can you imagine?!) because we were in the hospital on Tuesday night. I just roll with the plan - why fight what I cannot control, right?! So glad we all celebrated together on Sunday night. We are all back at home together tonight & Lily is feeling better. Thank you Slazas' for loving on your/our girl!!!! She talks about you all the time .. it is sooooo cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment