Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Not So Fast ...

Well, so much for plans on getting out of here today.

Hannah has been getting morphine for pain (to be expected -- I guess last evening she was still enjoying the effects of drugs from the Operating Room so she wasn't feeling any of the pain from the surgery).

Since we are in the hospital, why not add a fever to the program? Hannah's nurse felt that Hannah was warm in the middle of the night. No, it isn't hot in our room .. Hannah's temperature is around 101. We are getting blood cultures taken & starting an IV anti-biotic.

What I know for sure: You can never really plan for anything with Aplastic Anemia.

Hannah is laying in bed right now playing with her port .. she says we could make it into a yo-yo :-) I will post a picture of the port once I have the cord to hook up my camera to my laptop (left that at home .. didn't think we'd be here long!).

We will probably be in here at least a few days to get blood cultures back, etc ..

This is what I have been dreading as we wait to go to transplant: a fever! Please just pray for miss Hannah to be healed & for this fever to quickly go away!

3 comments:

  1. oh debbie -- praying for hannah! AA is ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are on this wild ride with you. Thanks for sharing the adventure with us. It brings honor and glory to God. You and yours are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    We just finished praying for Hannah and then got your update. You are in our hearts and prayers daily.
    Love,
    Stephanie and family

    ReplyDelete