Sunday, September 27, 2009

What to Say?

Hannah had a HORRIBLE morning / afternoon with nurses trying to get an IV going for her transfusions. Five pokes & even one try at her port. Horrible. Thank you, Lord, finally an IV got started & Hannah will get platelets & red blood cells tonight.

Yesterday I spent part of the day in Hollywood with Hannah & some of her friends at a private Selena Gomez concert. Hannah had been invited by Selena's step-father (thank you, Brian!) after Hannah performed a Selena Gomez song ("Falling Down") for the audience at the taping of Wizards of Waverly Place last Tuesday. I have lots of pictures from the event yesterday but none with Hannah.

Let's just say that Hannah's friends had a great time at the private concert but Hannah had a melt-down. No, really. I mean: M-E-L-T D-O-W-N. I don't know what is really going on .. well, maybe I do? 9+ months of hospitals & plans for a BMT. I guess I can't blame her for having times of just being out of sorts but it is so rough. I held it together at the event (even though I was ready to toss her down Sunset Blvd).

Let me just say, I really needed today with just Lily & a day away from all things Hannah. I know, terrible to say but I am just a mom like the rest that has moments (or days) of getting fed up! Believe me, if you had been there yesterday, you'd be feeling the same way too!! :-)

Jim has been with Hannah at the hospital all day & is spending the night there tonight.

Lily & I had such a nice day together. Now she is at Kim's (aka "Auntie Mom") so I can get to the hospital in the morning so Jim can get working.

What a joy that little Lily is. My goodness, she is a treasure & even though I was emotionally drained today she brings my heart SUCH HAPPINESS. Thank you, Lord!

Here is another China video from our trip one year ago.

This video is of Lily & a sweet friend, Kay Linn, that we met in China. Her parents, Donnie & Bernie, are from Ireland & they adopted her the same day we adopted Lily (but they had been fostering her in Ireland for 6 years prior). Such a sweet family -- hi guys, if you are reading this!




Here is a little video of my lunch today with Lily at King's Fish House -- she makes my heart so happy!!!

3 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Love, Inge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,
    I totally feel for you and the meltdown that Hannah had. Kids will be kids no matter what they are facing in life and Hannah certainly has a lot to be irritated or upset about. Too bad she choose that once in a lifetime event to have her meltdown, I think she might look back at that years from now and regret it!! You are perfectly entitled to feel the way you did, after all you have been through...I feel like throwing mine out the window sometimes when I didn't get enough sleep, I can't imagine how I would feel or act if I had been through all that you have been through over the past 9 months. So glad to hear you had a wonderful day with Lily, the video of her eating lunch is just precious. She is such a sweet little girl, you waited a long time for her, but now it is so obvious why God had you wait. I will continue to pray for Hannah's body to begin to work correctly on it's own or for a BM donor willing to donate quickly. Enjoy those little moments and try to "count it all joy". Many blessings and hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, your honesty and vulnerability is one of things that makes this blog so special to me; you are "real" and human like the rest of us and I love you for it. I'm so glad that Jim is able to step in at such times, and I'll continue to pray for S-T-R-E-N-G-T-H for the meltdown times and all the other hard things that you guys deal with.

    ReplyDelete