Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Last Pictures from East Coast





So I have my laptop back .. let the uploading begin :-)! I have so many pictures that never got uploaded from our cameras over these past 5+ weeks without a computer. I am so excited to get going again on my digital scrapbooking. Memories were made & I love to document everything .... the good & the not-so-good.

Here are pictures from our final night at NIH in Maryland. Hannah really, really, really wanted to see the Lincoln Memorial ... so off we went in the rain to see the final thing on our "list to do" while in DC.

After seeing the Lincoln Memorial Hannah wanted to go out for Mexican (surprise, right!?) ... we couldn't find the place we were looking for but we found The Melting Pot (Hannah loved the idea of getting fondue). At first the restaurant was not going to seat us because we did not have a reservation .... so I explained our situation: where do I start? 141 days in the hospital, just went on make a wish, about to get on a plane to go home for the first time in 10 weeks & her white blood cell count is in the normal range for the first time in 9 months. After hearing my bit, the host staff was very kind & got us a great table - thank you Melting Pot in DC!!! My mom, Hannah & I had a feast & celebrated the joy of it all!!!!! During dinner the manager brought over a teddy bear for Hannah & a balloon that said "Congratulations". I think it hit me some time during that meal (probably when I went to the bathroom and had a minute alone) that Hannah's white blood cell count is in the normal range & we might finally be at the beginning of the end of this road. My mom kept crying ... total tears of joy & Hannah was telling her to stop "blubbering" ... it was funny!! I cried a lot on the flight home ... just sooo happy!

Lily was very reserved at first in the airport but by the time we were driving home she was laughing for us with her hearty chuckle that cracks us all up. We have had a great 2 days together ... so unreal to all be home! Lily is the sweetest, smartest baby ever ... a total joy & hilarious!

The girls are over at Kim's tonight so Jim & I can get to the airport in the morning. I can't believe we are going on a trip right now. I just unpacked 4 suitcases & now I need to re-pack a mini-bag for Seattle. I am just praying that this trip is all for nothing & we will never need to take Hannah to Seattle for a bone marrow transplant.

Whatever the road ahead is ... God knows & I can continue to trust Him with all my heart. He has given me a renewed hope for Hannah's healing here ... thank you, Lord!!! I am so grateful to know God's unconditional love & care each day -- particularly through these last 9 months. He is my rock & it is only by His grace that I am making it through each day.

Hannah goes back to the clinic at Kaiser tomorrow with Aunt Kim for platelets -- please pray for a good port accessing & for Hannah's bone marrow to continue to come back. Kim is the only person Hannah will allow to take her to the clinic besides me....truly a second Mommy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Be anxious for nothing, but in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts & minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:5-7

5 comments:

  1. A great big JUMBO MARGARITA size hug coming your way!!!
    Praying for a meeting that is just full of information you will never need!
    So glad you are back on the west coast!

    Yay Bone Marrow!!!!!

    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying hard for you guys!!!!! xo Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,
    I vote that we add you to the list of heros of faith found in Hebrews 11. Thanks for sharing your incredible journey of faith with us.

    I stand with you in trusting God for complete healing of your beloved daughter Hannah.

    Mary Todd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am crying tears of joy right now with you. It might be working-- PRAISE THE LORD!!!! I am soooooo praying for you guys right now that that darn bone marrow comes back from it's extended vacation and starts working. It is just surreal right now-- Again, PRAISE THE LORD!!!

    Christy :)

    ps- if you want to get the girls together to play, I would love to see you guys-- mia is healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This passage from Phillipians is the one Sue and I have claimed on our travels to Haiti. I don't know now if we'll ever get to go back. It always touches my heart. You, Hannah, Jim , and Lily are in my heart and prayers always.

    Uncle Eddie

    ReplyDelete